• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

K7ama a bust?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tactics

When it comes to overclocking, how restricted am I using the ama board?

Tactics

Sorry this isn't what you want to hear but you will not be able to O/C at all on the k7ama M/b I have one my self and it is a good stable M/b but ther is no option for O/C

yah

just found that out myself. However, I am having some issues with stability. XP crashed on its first boot and messed up its boot record. So now I'm going to have to reinstall. I am thinking that it might either be because I installed xp with my cd-rw. Any other ideas of why its running crappy?

Tactics

not sure but I had problems with my ram on this M/B when i frist got it then I seen in the manualit said it had been tested with samsung abd hyundai ddr memory so I bought A 128mb samsung and have no more problems.

I have 950mhz duron with 128mb samsung and Geforce4 64mb ddr and have ran this m/b with win 98 2nd win me and win 2000 with no problems but have never tryed xp i have xp but have no key code

hmm

It boots up all the ram however, The bios tells me that the cpu is running on the warm side. Everytime i try to install xp I get a bunch of files that I have to retry to install on. After the installation is complete, I get into windows only to crash and have to attempt to repair my installation. I'm thinking it might be due to the fact that I am installing it using a CD-RW or there might be a crappy jumper setting, and I just don't realize it!

Any help is appreciated!

Tactics

Back