• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

KDS 19" monitors at Wal-Mart

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
KDS has a good Warrenty. I had my KDS visual sensation for 3 years(have since sold it) and had to return it twice. Both times the RMA process was quick and painless. In fact w/ my last RMA I was over my warrenty by 3 days and they still honored it.

Puer Aeternus said:
KDS has a good Warrenty.
A warranty is only as good as the company's willingness to honor it, which in my case meant that it was only good if you could talk to the single man in charge of the company, no one else was interested in honoring it.

DON'T DO IT ...

I bought a 19" KDS Avitron monitor close to 3 years ago ... about to come up on the end of my warranty. Anyhow, the monitor was wonderful for the first 2 years, but has steadily gone GREEN. It SUCKS!

I was thinking about trying the warranty on the thing, but I'm not sure if going green is just part of what happens with heavy usage ... which it certainly got. Good luck in your decision!

[email protected]

eobard said:

A warranty is only as good as the company's willingness to honor it, which in my case meant that it was only good if you could talk to the single man in charge of the company, no one else was interested in honoring it.
I am sorry to hear that you had such a lousy time getting your monitor RMA'd. I have had no probs w/ my mine...like I said it was painless and quick both times I had to send her in. And any time I phoned in for Tech support, they were helpful.
Perhaps I am a lucky one or maybe they do things better here in Canada, I dunno. I do know that a Comp store in Ottawa sent out a email to it's customers saying it no longer carries KDS monitors and it was due to some dissatisfaction w/ the company.
I dont think I will buy KDS again..even though their support was great, my monitor still died twice in 3 years.

Puer Aeternus said:

Perhaps I am a lucky one or maybe they do things better here in Canada, I dunno.
I do, you are a lucky one. I'm in Canada myself.

I've seen those KDS monitors at Walmart before. I myself will hopefully be getting a new monitor within the next month or so. I'm going for the Samsung 955DF 19" monitor. It's a flat tube and it's a .20mm dot pitch. It comes in black or Ivory. I've heard nothing but praise about this monitor. You can find it for just under $200 if you look around.

I've wanted it for a LONG time now. My current monitor has been pretty well toasted for a long time now. It's very dark. In games I can't hardly see anything anymore. I've already opened it up twice within the last year and adjusted the master brightness on the board. But it starts looking washed out and after a few month's it get's dark again.

Back