• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Klipsch Promedia 5.1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ineedhelpplease

Registered
I plan on getting the Promedia 5.1 and decided to go with a Sound Blaster Audigy card. im not sure whether to get the Xgamer or the platinum. i want to make sure im getting the most out of my speakers. I do a good amount of gaming and watching DVD's if that makes a difference.

I would suggest not getting the Audigy and picking up a Santa Cruz or a Game theater XP. I had the platinum and my GTXP is 5 times better than my Audigy.

dido' on that one! i have heard many systems and my game theater xp blows them all away.

just make sure that you download the latest drivers befor you install the card! it will make life easier and more enjoyable for you :D

Plus not to mention that Creatives technical support might as well put monkeys on the phone, actually that may help a little, Ill suggest it to them:)

hey now, dont knock on my audigy! lol. i have not heard the sabnta cruz or the GTXP, but i do love my audigy. Especialy in playing games. Dont have a DVD drive yet,(or a nice set of speakers for that matter) so i cant really comment on the sound quality. but the audgiy is a great card for playing games, you guys at least have to give it that.

Actually I didnt hear much of a difference between my Audigy Platinum and GTXP as far as games went, the only slight difference is games that use EAX and thats not even that distint. Trust me the GTXP and TBSC are both far superior to the Audigy in DVD and Music, and are barly off in the gaming dept.

well mostly i play games on my computer, so for what i am doing, its the perfect card for me, plus i got it for 40 bucks off ebay, so i couldnt really beat that deal. but i do believe you guys about the superior quality in music and dvds, and from what i have heard there is a new card by yamaha, or maybe its an old one, that supposedly blows away all the other cards at gaming, but thats just what i have heard, not to sure about that.

I know about the Philips Acoustic Edge that is supposed to be about the best you can get in the music dept, but I think the TBSC edges it out, and I am sure the GTXP is right there with it. But as far as DVD goes the GTXP is about the best out there. And Gaming the Audigy does have a slight edge, but only in those games that utilize EAX.

my 2 cents

well i have the Gamesurround FortissimoII a downgraded GTXP with out the 5.25 plate and it cost me $65 at bestbuy. All the reviews i looked at the GTXP and GSFII were rated higher than the Audigy. Music and DVD sound was of higher quality. Me and my friend have the same speakers but different sound cards he has the Audigy and even in games i can tell a difference between the two cards and the GSFII sounds so much better. I have seen the GTXP go for around $150 or higher i would have gotten that one instead but did not have them money.

The thing is, most people buy the stuff that is advertised the most, while people like us know that there is a less publicized but equally good, if not better, solution that is also cheaper. Like someone would buy/make a system that included an nVidia GeForce 4 Ti4600, Intel P4 2.4GHz, and Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum. While someone like us would build one with a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz, AMD Athlon XP+ 2100, and ATI Radeon 8500/nVidia GeForce Ti4200 based video card, save 2-300 dollars, and get around the same performance. I say TerraTec DMX 6Fire LT and Sigma Designs X-Card.:D

My friend has an audigy gamer which is pretty sweet... I just have a cheap $30 Maxi Sound Muse card that is nice... actually I bought my friend one of these on eBay for $1 plus $5 shipping, so it was a deal :D ... they have another card for sale now for $1.

Back