• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LAN Rtl8111h VS i219v performance and latency difference?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Likely. Though id imagine it wont be much.

I believe the Realtek device uses a bit more cpu though.

Well the reason I'm asking I have the i219v now and I was thinking of trying a new ASUS motherboard that has Rtl8111h. I have had the i219v for more than a month coming from Realtek LAN and over a long period of use it seems to do better when surfing the internet. I don't know if my perception is a false positive do to i219 advertising?
Intel® LAN provides the best throughput performance, lower CPU utilization, enhanced stability and is able to deliver ultimate network experience to users!

Last edited:
Hook, line, and sinker!

Im sure there are some differences, but who really knows considering how inconsistent the web is.

Having used both, you're unlikely to notice very much difference just browsing the web. Where you'll probably see a difference is for LAN use, but it's more like a few % difference or less for typical traffic.

Given how cheap server NICs are on Ebay, I suggest just getting one. I wouldn't recommend the two port Broadcom since I had one go flaky (suspecting corrupt firmware), which I'm going to swap out for a quad port Intel when I have time.

If you really want bandwidth, check Reddit's homelab section for advice on how to use cheap Infiniband adapters. Note that it would be a complement to your normal LAN, not a replacement.

I had similar experience on both. In gaming or typical work I simply see no difference. On the other hand there is a reason why all motherboards manufacturers install Intel LAN in top motherboards while Realtek is only in cheap series. All are saying about lower CPU load on Intel LAN and lower latency ( what I haven't noticed ). For sure both options are better than the Killer LAN which was popular in gaming boards 1-2 years ago. I guess that all noticed various issues with these chips.

The only thing which I noticed recently and is not related to LAN is Intel storage soft which is randomly loading CPU to 20%+.

Back