• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Largest Capacity Free Email Providers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ZhengHe

For the last year or so free email capacity has been increasing at a dramatic, perhaps unprecedented rate. Whether this has been because of severe drops in the price of memory, the ungoing war between Yahoo and Google for both Search Engine and Email domination, or a host of other things email capacity has undergone a dramatic change so that what once seemed ludicrous idea, the thought of an email account with 1GB or more has become commonplace. Here is a list of links to today's highest capacity free email services:

In making this list, although some of the email accounts have proved reliable and are known to be reliable I do not claim any of these email accounts to be particularly reliabe or secure, so use your good judgement.

GMX (1GB) German: Screenshot

ICMail (1GB): Insecure

Maktoob (1GB): Screenshot

MintMail (1GB): Screenshot

MyFreeshops.com Email (1GB):

Nerdshack (1GB):

o2 Mail (1GB):Polish:

Postmaster email (1GB):

Rediffmail (1GB):

SpyMac (1GB):

Thinbrowser Email

Yahoo! Mail (1GB): Screenshot

directBOX (1.5GB) German:

AIM Mail (2GB): Screenshot just sign in with your AIM username and password and you get 2GB of free IMAP email space.

EmailPinoy (2GB):

Gawab (2GB):

Inbox (2GB):

Raydi Mail (2GB):

Gmail (2.7GB+):

Cashette (3GB):

United Email Systems (3GB): Screenshot

Walla (3GB): Screenshot

4uMail (4GB):

XasaMail (4GB):

YourGecko Mail (4GB): been experiencing some signup problems recently.

Dimension Mail (5GB):

Hriders (1TB):

Dreamwiz (Unlimited) Korean:

Freeola (Unlimited):

Intper (Unlimited) Spanish:

Jackdog Mail (Unlimited):

Katudo Webmail (Unlimited) Portuguese:

Mail2World (Unlimited): Spyware

Masbytes Webmail (Unlimited) Spanish:

ShinyFeet (Unlimited): Screenshot

But whats the point of a huge email account if you can't send huge attachments? Here's a way to 1Gb files free via email:

http://www.yousendit.com/

anonymous, fast, easy and free. This is bound to come in handy for something. Granted the email address you're sending it to better have 1 GB free, but still a good find.

You may have noticed the abscence of the notoriously unreliable, bang your head against a wall trying to log in aventuremail free 2 GB service. That is, because though the service still claims to be free and actually has upped its storage limit to 2-10GB email accounts it now requires a $2 activation fee to prevent abuse, ect... It still claims to be free, but as far as my definition of free email services go it doesn't fit the category anymore. For more information on aventuremail anyway you can go here: http://www.aventuremail.co.uk/

All for now, although there are bound to be others in the future. If anyone comes up with any others I haven't thought of, just post them in the thread and I'll include them. Hope this proves helpful to someone.

Last edited:
AIM Mail (2GB): Here
-Just sign in with your AIM username and password and you get 2GB of free IMAP email space.

This isn't true. You have to be a memeber of AOL.

These Terms of Service apply only to registered users of the AOL Network. If you have not registered with the AOL Network, please review the existing terms of the AOL and other services, Web sites and products that you use in order to review their terms and conditions. Click AOL Network FAQ to learn more about the AOL Network.

dicecca112 said:
This isn't true. You have to be a memeber of AOL.

dicecca112 said:
These Terms of Service apply only to registered users of the AOL Network. If you have not registered with the AOL Network, please review the existing terms of the AOL and other services, Web sites and products that you use in order to review their terms and conditions. Click AOL Network FAQ to learn more about the AOL Network.

AIM is part of the Aol Network. You sign up for AIM, you've signed up for the Aol network, whether you use Aol for your internet or not. Just try signing in, works fine for me.

Last edited:
dicecca112 said:
have you done it, because it doesn't work for me

Yes, I've done it. I'll try and see if I can post a screenshot of it, just give me a sec.

untitled%20thing%202.JPG

Last edited:
POP access awesome when it works. I have had no problems with GMail's POP access but I have searched for free POP mail in the past and it would work about half the time. GMail is love. :)

I guess you can go around bragging about it but it could take a few thousand years to fill it up.

I get a fair amount of mail and GMail is only a few % full.

I really like my gmail account but I have 2 complaints about it.

1) you have a 10mb limit on attachments
2) even if your attachment is under 10mb you can not send .exe files, even if they are in a .zip file for security reasons.

Both my Gmail and my regular MSN acct have the .exe restriction. I understand the need for security but everyone's email can't have a similar restriction, can they?

BTW: what in the why world would anyone possibly need 4gb of email space. I have had my Gmail account for over a year and have never exceeded 10mb of use. To me once you get into having 1000's of emails and attachments stored most people will never remember what they have and don't have.

Gmail isn't smart enough to look inside zip files, which are THEN AGAIN inside zip files :)

Zip the .exe file

then Zip that Zip.

Worked for me :)

...I may have to try out that AOL thing... Except for AIM I hate them with every fiber of my body. If AOL Mail isn't spamtastic, it may just be another service that I like (lots of space, and most importantly IMAP ACCESS!!)

EDIT: dicecca112, I'm using Firefox and AIM Mail is working fine for me :) Where specifically were you having a problem?

JigPu

Last edited:
Back