• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LCD Display Users Read This

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stevieb92

Registered
I am looking to retire my 19" CRT Trinitron monitor. I have been researching LCD displays and was wondering does anyone have a good recommendation for a mid-range LCD display? I do not want to spend over $650, and don't require speakers. The LCD display should have a digital input. One of my first choices would be the Viewsonic VG 171. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

oh boy oh boy...

the 17" and above VG series Viewsonics are identicle to the VX series monitors. The only difference between the VX and VG is that the VX has DVI input and the VG's don't. Oh did I mention the VG's are about $200 cheaper than equivalent size VX?

did I also mention I just purchased the VX900 yesterday :D

after a lot of research, viewsonic or Samsung, ya really can't go wrong

I mainly use my system for MCAD, (Pro/ENGINEER, Solidworks, AutoCAD). Besides that, my vid card is capable of DVI output, so why not get the LCD with the DVI input? Chances are DVI will be around longer than analog.

h0mersimps0n said:
saving $200 would be going for the VG model, sorry if I was confusing...

KDS makes some pretty kick-*** monitors, and I used to own one of their 15in LCD's. The link below goes to Page Computers, a pretty good online vendor (pretty good RR score, too!) and they also offer their own 6 month extension on the warranty, after the 3 year warranty included, for free!!!

This is for a 19in, its $708, I know that's a little more than your $650, but for a 19in vs a 17 in, its worth it, IT ALSO HAS THE DVI INPUT YOU WERE LOOKING FOR.,
http://www.pagecomputers.com/cgi-bin/page/S0928614.html

This is an 18in, NEC, which is also a VERY high quality brand, also from Page Computers. This is closer to your price range @$668.
This site is the best price for ANY monitors I have found on the net.
http://www.pagecomputers.com/cgi-bin/page/S0977096.html

Hope that helps!

Back