• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leak testing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Seanohue

Ok, so I'm leak testing now and its makin a lot of funny noises. The res fill hole has foam coming out of it. If you can imagine someone snoring, its like a quiet moment then the loud noise; basically this is the interval this is happening at. Also, the flow in the actual tubing accelerates during the slurp and decelerates after the slurp. Any comments?

What is your cooling liquid made up of, and what is the ratio of liqiuds in it? What is your hardware (the WC stuff)? Do you have any shard bends? How long has it been doing this for? If you could, draw a basic diagram/take a pic of the setup. And lastly, what exactly do you mean by the slurp? I got kinda confused by that sentence.

Running a 1:9 anti-freeze/distilled water, D5 pump, Maze 4, TDX, and BIX2. No sharp bends, I just installed this setup. By slurp I mean, hmmm, you know when you get to the bottom of a cup and you try to suck the rest out through a straw? Thats the slurp noise i mean.

Well, I know what you mean by the slurping noise, but I still don't know what could be causing it. It almost sounds like you either have some really big air bubbles, or something is wrong with your pump, but again I don't know what it would be. Hopefully someone else has delt with something similiar, as I don't exactly know what's wrong. About how long has it been running though?

Hmmm, stopped after I took some water out of the res.

EDIT: Moved it and it started again lol. I think the res may be to blame for it though. Any thoughts?

Back