• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lian-Li X1000 Watercooling Project (lotsa pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Agreed with the other posters, that's a very nice looking build. The case looks like it's nice to work with. Great job!

Thanks! It helps if the radiator is nicely painted and all, and once I get the mesh made for the back it'll look even nicer.

Excellent thread man. I'm planning to watercool an X1000 myself and had arrived at a similar design - including the XSPC bayres! I hadn't thought of drilling holes for the rear 140.1 hose fittings, though - genius!

A few of questions:

1) that radiator mesh cover that you're planning; why not just use the fan cover that came with the case?

2) I see that you don't have any spacers between the rads and the fans. I have heard that putting these in improves air flow, by avoiding a dead spot between the rad and the fan hub. It looks like there might be room to squeeze these in. Any reason for not doing so?

Excellent thread man. I'm planning to watercool an X1000 myself and had arrived at a similar design - including the XSPC bayres! I hadn't thought of drilling holes for the rear 140.1 hose fittings, though - genius!

A few of questions:

1) that radiator mesh cover that you're planning; why not just use the fan cover that came with the case?

2) I see that you don't have any spacers between the rads and the fans. I have heard that putting these in improves air flow, by avoiding a dead spot between the rad and the fan hub. It looks like there might be room to squeeze these in. Any reason for not doing so?

I don't think there is room for any type of fan spacer with that sweet GPU right up against the rad!!! Sweet build :thup: I just ordered mine powder-coated black on the inside. :clap: Can't wait!!!

Awesome build man. I really like the cable management you did for the hard drives and such. I'm about to start working on my Lian-Li case, might have a question or 2 for ya at some point, keep an eye out in the watercooling section for my WIP thread!

Again, sweet rig and looking forward to the rest of the modding.

Back