• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Life expectancy of a 920 @ 4.2Ghz @ 1.45V?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
M Powered said:
Getting it to boot is not a very good sign of stability as you probably already know.

I could probably get my 4.2 to boot at a much lower voltage, but when I open something its probably going to crash. Right now I am 1 knotch above my "stable" setting just for good measures.

i wouldnt be going for stability, id be doing it to see the minimum level it would take. stability test with primes, super pi's, pcmark04's and a solid hour or two of BF vietnam

Ad Rock said:
I was just wondering what you are basing this on?
Do you have any numbers or links that we could look at?
I would just like to take a look at the information you are using to make this statement.
Take a look at the datasheet in the post up above. It clearly says Vcore max limit = 1.55. I'll try to dig up the white paper showing Intel's tests @ 1.6v. My estimate on life is only my opinion based on quite a few years with working with ratings and specs.. YMMV. Plus I probably would take more risk than some because if it pops, no biggie, just get another one. Not that I'm loaded it's just this is a relativly cheap hobby compared to others. My buddy just bought a Boxster, I got a new motherboard, if you know what I mean.

d94 said:
i run 4.4 @ 1.45..if anything mine will "deteriorate" faster lol
but i have a feeling ill have a different chip 6 months from now :D
I'm with you man...deteriorating more each day

josh478 said:
how hard would you guys say it is to do the vdroop mod? im seriously considering it, because i know i can get a hell of a lot more voltage out of my chip with it... it drops almost a complete .1v under load.
like, i have it set to 1.425 in bios, at idle its at 1.48 then at load its at 1.39 and fluctuates to 1.40
You need a steady hand, good eyes, and a big set of :argue:

Back