• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Linux kali won't boot!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i just wanted to try linux kali for "stuff"...anyway i couldnt install any version of linux i tried ubuntu tried fedora kali.But today i fixed it how?well the problem was my DVD rom i think it was connected with sata 3.0 cable to 3.0 port i connected it to a regular 2.0 and now i can boot up linux without any problem both from usb and dvd i don't know why was this a problem but i think i solved the problem since i didn't change anything beside the sata port from 3.0 to 2.0.still don't know why i could not boot up from usb because of the dvd rom.

Glad you got it fixed!

FYI Ive read in several places that version specific cables are hooey. Once again Ive got no real evidence, but I have read in more than 1 place that the cables will work the same on any version. It apparently takes a hell of a kink to affect performance as well, and length isnt a barrier either.

Important part is that its fixed.

I've got the cable with the motherboard when i bought it so i doubt its hooey but then again maybe you're right

how old is the computer on which you are installing it? also is it using UEFI bios crap?

Back