• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

little help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pby5cat

I'm building a P4 sys for a friend, and we put every thing in and boot, but get hung at CPU initalization. the werd thing is it will boot on every FSB, but 133 and anything higher then 150. the computer is as follows: P4 2.4b, shuttle AS45GT/R (SIS 648), CDRW, HDD, Gforce4 Ti4200, NIC, 512 DDR400@360. My question is, is it the chip or the board that won't boot a 133?

well i'm really not sure what to say. you say it boots but that it doesn't get past cpu initialization.

is that not the same thing? :confused:

as far as your memory.. unless you are running @ 180mhz you don't have DDR 360. you say you are running less than 150mhz.

also... the pci/agp dividers may need adjustment or may not be operating correctly. this might explain the 133mhz no boot.

i need a little more clarification on the problem.

i tell the bios to set the fsb to 133, it then changes the AGP to 66 and PCI 33 and mem ratio to defult 1:1. For stability sakes i left the mem ratio at 1:1 (DDR266). I save and exit on reboot the AGP card boots then goes away (normal) then the CPU initalizes "speed 2.4 (133 x 18)" lockup. I used all of the mem ratios and the same thing happens. If i change the fsb to 140 the computer boots perfictly normal. so my question is, is it the board or the CPU that won't initalize at 133?

Back