• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Live Benching - Get Your Session on the Front Page!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A lot of struggles tonight with running 2D on 3770K. Ran into similar cold bug issues around -110C (pulling temps below there if not running wprime or something would cause cold bug/lock up/restart), same as I did on my previous chip. Janus had no problems going MUCH colder, so we're going to do a test tomorrow morning - see if his chip can still go as cold in my board. That way I know if I got 2 bum chips so far, or if there's something with my MVG or insulation job holding me back.

Tonight wasn't a total loss. I saw 6GHz - validation is on the revo which I forgot to pull off the drive. I will do that tomorrow. I beat the team record in wp32m, but it can be improved yet (I didn't run LUNA, which helps):
http://hwbot.org/submission/2284814_i.m.o.g._wprime_32m_core_i7_3770k_3sec_937ms

Still haven't even flirted with 6.5GHz. The coldest I've been able to boot at is -142C. Found it by mistake when I got frustrated and slammed full pot at it. As it was warming up I just kept trying to boot... Normally CBB is at -80C, and it won't boot at anything colder than that. EXCEPT for -142C. -143C? NO. -140C? NO. -141C? Maybe, if I press the power button when the probe reads -142C. It was repeatable, and consistent... I could then also run a bit colder, though it would still cold bug much below -145C... But this was the only way I found that I can run the chip below -110C. If I crashed at -135C or so, I'd have to pour LN2 to get to -142C so it would boot again. Craziest thing I've ever seen - must have done that more than a dozen times.

Anyways, this is the livestream thread. Tried to stream tonight, but had connectivity issues... Stream will be up by noon eastern tomorrow, and we will be benching all day. Janus prepped his GTX 580 for cold tonight and will be doing 3D I think. I'll be working on 2D still, as I had a really hard time getting sp32M or pifast to run... even at 4.5GHz and low memory frequency/loose timings the rig would reboot before it was done - need to figure out whats up with that. Went through tridents (bbse), dominator gts (psc), and flares (psc) trying to work it out tonight. I'm doing something wrong.

I'll post back tomorrow with the linkage when we go live. :)

A lot of struggles tonight with running 2D on 3770K. Ran into similar cold bug issues around -110C (pulling temps below there if not running wprime or something would cause cold bug/lock up/restart), same as I did on my previous chip. Janus had no problems going MUCH colder, so we're going to do a test tomorrow morning - see if his chip can still go as cold in my board. That way I know if I got 2 bum chips so far, or if there's something with my MVG or insulation job holding me back.

Tonight wasn't a total loss. I saw 6GHz - validation is on the revo which I forgot to pull off the drive. I will do that tomorrow. I beat the team record in wp32m, but it can be improved yet (I didn't run LUNA, which helps):
http://hwbot.org/submission/2284814_i.m.o.g._wprime_32m_core_i7_3770k_3sec_937ms

Still haven't even flirted with 6.5GHz. The coldest I've been able to boot at is -142C. Found it by mistake when I got frustrated and slammed full pot at it. As it was warming up I just kept trying to boot... Normally CBB is at -80C, and it won't boot at anything colder than that. EXCEPT for -142C. -143C? NO. -140C? NO. -141C? Maybe, if I press the power button when the probe reads -142C. It was repeatable, and consistent... I could then also run a bit colder, though it would still cold bug much below -145C... But this was the only way I found that I can run the chip below -110C. If I crashed at -135C or so, I'd have to pour LN2 to get to -142C so it would boot again. Craziest thing I've ever seen - must have done that more than a dozen times.

Anyways, this is the livestream thread. Tried to stream tonight, but had connectivity issues... Stream will be up by noon eastern tomorrow, and we will be benching all day. Janus prepped his GTX 580 for cold tonight and will be doing 3D I think. I'll be working on 2D still, as I had a really hard time getting sp32M or pifast to run... even at 4.5GHz and low memory frequency/loose timings the rig would reboot before it was done - need to figure out whats up with that. Went through tridents (bbse), dominator gts (psc), and flares (psc) trying to work it out tonight. I'm doing something wrong.

I'll post back tomorrow with the linkage when we go live. :)

Nice hope the IB there today has more balls! OH didnt I mention that -140c was the good zone? funny I thought I did, good to -90 ish then -140 anything between is a crapo shoot. I will be running the 3770K as well this.

CRANK IT UP BURN BABY BURN!!!

The cold problems didn't stop me from setting 1.9V and some other heavy volts. :) That didn't help much either, other than it did make me feel a little better when I was mad. :D

Today, going to test out Janus's chip in my board, just to be sure there isn't some weird coldbug thing going on with my board, then I'll be going back to hammering the crap out of either my chip or the one you sent depending on when it gets here. :)

Will update with livestream link, once sleeping beauty arises. (Don/Janus)

The cold problems didn't stop me from setting 1.9V and some other heavy volts. :) That didn't help much either, other than it did make me feel a little better when I was mad. :D

Today, going to test out Janus's chip in my board, just to be sure there isn't some weird coldbug thing going on with my board, then I'll be going back to hammering the crap out of either my chip or the one you sent depending on when it gets here. :)

Will update with livestream link, once sleeping beauty arises. (Don/Janus)

1.9v thats all...........and did you go PPL 2.3v? I had the same issue with the MVG so swapped out to the GIG 5 just preped it up will be benching after lunch, maybe i will stream as well, WT*N. I did notice one thing if you get somewhat stable enough to do 32M WP at 5.9-6.0 the next jump you should be able to do, but go COLD!!! -140 or better yet -156c was my magic # to 6.4 also some chips dont like being above a 106 BCLK so if your higher try dropping it a bit. I know that leaves you with a top of almost 6.7. GL and expresso for the princess hahahahahah

Look I'm tellin you if you toss my chip in FRY it!!!

The morning after

IMG_1122.JPG

IMG_1124.JPG

IMG_1125.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

Need to call the cleaning service

Last edited:
Nice stack of hardware T+B!
I didn't get Ln2 picked up so I wont get anything done until next weekend. I did schedule a day off of work on this coming friday, so I could be sure to have time to get the dewar filled and do some benching. I may even stream.... I have my acct set up and camera ready to go.
I am going to call MC and see if the cpu that I ordered from them will ever ship. It would be nice to have the second cpu while I have the LN2 and the time.
Edit: I just called MC and my stuff should all ship on monday.

Last edited:
lol egypt... hellooo? egypt! my mouse slowly just moved over to the X

7970 & 3770K LN2 tonight 7:30 8PM Thursday

Will be running a 7970 and 3770K on LN2 tonight see if we can get some nice scores 3D runs :)

http://www.livestream.com/overclockersturnnburn

around 7:30 8PM EST

Did a few test last nt on 03 & 05 3770@4431 on air card on LN2 1400x1605 looking to get the CPU up to 5.6 or 5.8 maybe higher should make some healthy scoring

3D_03M.JPG

3D_05M.JPG

I will be benching 3570k and 3770k tomorrow. I should be able to do a stream. I will get LN2 first thing in the morning, then as soon as chimp challenge is done, I will be prepping board and installing o/s. Will likely be only 2d, I may try some 3d but Ln2 never seems to last long enough. 3d if done will be 3870, since that is what the pot is on.

Not sure how well this will work, but I'm home with a sick kid and benching this GTX670 DirectCUII for the review. It's NOT GOING TO BE VERY INTERESTING - just running benches until he wakes up. If you care to join:

Is this just a google hangout? Never seen a live feed on youtube before

Yep, google hangout. They broadcast live over youtube. Trying this method once. If it sucks, we can go back to livestream.

Yep, google hangout. They broadcast live over youtube. Trying this method once. If it sucks, we can go back to livestream.

Doesn't look very promising. It buffers every few seconds or just freezes completely... unwatchable on my end. Cable interwebs connection

Odd...it comes back through to my connection ok. I'll get procaster...give me a bit.

Back