• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for feedback: 6900xt vs 3080

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mrjayviper

Registered
Some info:

• the 6900xt is the aorus waterforce edition (seems one of the highest clocked for this series). Looking at the clocks and comparing it against the Asrock Formula OC and Powercolor Red Devil Ultimate, this Gigabyte board is most likely an XTXH
  • the 3080 is from Zotac and it seems it's one of the regular model (nothing fancy)
  • both are on sale and same price. Best price nationally for their respective series
  • 6800xt and 3070ti (not on sale) is the same price at the 2 cards
  • The 3080ti is even more expensive than the 6900XT
  • I have no intention of mining on my GPU

I've read various reviews and I'm leaning towards the 6900xt but these reviews used older drivers which can make a huge difference.

Thanks for the advice.

6900XT is the faster card....... If its the same price and watercooled, I'd go that route.

6900XT is the faster card....... If its the same price and watercooled, I'd go that route.

I intent to watercool the GPU so buying the 3080 means it's an extra expense. (though I believe aircooled is easier to sell but I intend to keep the card for awhile)

Back