• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sony190

I am looking for ssd for Laptop NVME x3 would lke to know what type of performance would I get in A M.2 ssd x4 as appose to a x3 The Laptop is a Samsung galaxy Book Flex and uses M.2 x3 ?
What manufacturer would have the best or just go with High capacity M.2 ssd X3 ?

After much debate I recently picked up a WD sn750 m2 and love it. Stick with pcie 3 if that is what the laptop supports. Pcie 4 is more expensive and if you can't benefit from it there's no point.

I have a feeling you are thinking Gen3 and Gen4. M.2 protocols are generally x2 or x4 on pcie lanes.
As far as Brands go- Samsung, WD, Sabrent seems to get good reviews (never used them personally) and I have had great luck with the Inland brand from Microcenter

I will second the the suggestion for a Western Digital Black SN 750 1TB gen3 x4 NVME. Very fast drive.

Attachments

• CDM_WD-1TB-SN750.png
    CDM_WD-1TB-SN750.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 47
I've got one too. I love it. I get similar results in CDM. :)
1tb.16m.png

I only purchased this Laptop because it's new it has 19 Hour battery is QLed and the specs are the same as new laptops wifi
6 and so forth. No 11 Gen Intel
Intel is not finished with Core i7 from what I have heard far as speed and will be releasing a new 1 later in 2021
In crystal disk mark I get 3443.27 Read and 2773.26 Write.
The SSD is not slow but am going to upgrade to larger capacity so wanted to know about other ssds also heard the larger the SSD the faster.

Back