• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Merging hard drives under Windows 10

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knoober

I just built a new rig and am looking to combine some storage. I have 3x120gb SSD that I would like to treat as 1 drive. I know how to do this with Linux (its called mergerfsand combines drives under 1 mount point. I would like to dual boot this system and have all the drives recognized under 1 mount point in Windows as well, but I really dont know where to start for this. Use for the drives would just be for file/media/game storage if that matters. 1 option that I have considered is formatting to NTFS and using mergerfs in Linux, but I have no idea how WIndows will see these drives after that. I think they would bee seen as seperate drives however. The other option would be to perform some kind of striping operation in windows and then making a mount script that runs at boot for Linux. I am hoping for a more elegant solution than either of these, so TIA.

I believe you would just set up a Raid 0 array from BIOS, then both OS's would see it.

You could go RAID0 or your board likely supports JBOD (Just a Bunch Of Disks) that will take those 3 drives and make it 'one'.

Back