• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metro Exodus PC First Look: The 4A Engine Technology Evolved!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Personally i love long games like Final Fantasy, the longer the more lore you can pick up along the way. Giving $30/$40 for a game that you can finish in a couple hours is... meh ?

Hmm, good point. I guess if the story hold up and does not get intentionally stretched and diluted..

The metro universe has a ton of stories to tell, we only heard two sides so far (Artyom and the young Dark One), I would like to know more about Hunter or Anna, Khan and Pavel. I know there is a DLC with sidestories but it's too little :(

Never played Metro games and never read books, but after watching some trailer by accident felt really interested. Read books currently, wanna start playing after I'll finish.

Hey Kenrou..

IMG_4779.JPG

You think that's how graphics will work in final launch? Animations look very fluid! It's probably cutscene pre rendered type stuff, right?

Hey Kenrou..

You think that's how graphics will work in final launch? Animations look very fluid! It's probably cutscene pre rendered type stuff, right?

I always heard horrors about Metro's FPS and it runs completely fluid on my 8370+1060, so don't see why not ? Last one i linked seems like a cutscene, maybe an introduction to a level or an intermission but the rest is pure gameplay :thup:

I'm gaming on youtube OneX. Smartphone controller. Very interesting so far, lots of dialog, a little over the top, but I like:D one thing that's a little annoying is Artyom is still not talking. I really like how cut scenes in other games switch to 3rd person and character is fully functional speaker. Not here though. Also, feels like artyom is like a little kid. "Honey go breathe some fresh air, hey look a lightbulb. Have a drink, enjoying the fresh air?"

Pretty neat!
Oh, and dialog sync is a little async.

one thing that's a little annoying is Artyom is still not talking. I really like how cut scenes in other games switch to 3rd person and character is fully functional speaker. Not here though.

In mother Russia game talks for you :D

Damn need a new PC to play this properly, sub-75fps choppiness with Ultra settings is not fun at all... To me the original Russian audio sounds much better then the English dub (better acted and atmospheric), anyone else feel the same ?

Yes, definitely rooski is better! Drop down to high from ultra and besides, anything above 60 is golden. This isn't a twitch shooter, so it should be quite playable?:shrug:

Btw, lip sync and normal human animations are a bit wonky.

Last edited:
I overclocked my screen from 60hz to 75hz because my eyes would start hurting from looking at the screen for too long (and now are peachy) and I use Fast Sync, so anything below 75fps causes microstutters. Ran the bench for funsies, DX12 actually starts beating DX11 at anything higher then medium settings - High ~5fps, Ultra ~15fps, Extreme ~25fps - sadly it's nowhere near enough to be playable to my standards so I'll stick to High/Ultra.

Few things I didn't like so far but should be easily fixed, the step noise when the NPC's walk are somewhat too noisy and very much not how a human would walk, good example would be at the very start when Anna leads us down a broken escalator. Another was how we have to stop and hold E to do certain actions (i think Battlefield/CoD also uses this) - to me that completely breaks the moment especially when you're running away from something. Why not simply tap like you do for everything else, holding for several seconds just feels plain wrong.

Back