• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monochrome Laser Printer $111.92 after MIR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1Time

Monochrome Laser Printer $111.92 (or less?) after MIR

Edit: A $15 off coupon code also should work from your shopping cart, 31821170, through 12-31-03. That would bring the final cost to below $100.

Samsung ML-1710 Laser Printer, $169.23 + tax = $181.92 - $70 MIR = $111.92 (the final cost I paid since I overlooked using the $15 off coupon).

The rebate is good on-line at CC, Frys, J&R, MicroCenter and OD while supplies last or until 2/29/04.

I bought mine today from Office Depot. This is the best deal I've ever seen on a monochrome laser printer. It's best for printing text and will replace my current laser printer, a Samsung ML-1430, its predecessor which recently ran out of ink. I noticed right away this new Samsung is faster and quieter than my old one, plus it has a 250 sheet paper tray... nice. :)

Last edited:
Beware, this IS a good deal, but the printer comes with a "starter" toner rather than a standard one. I believe the standard holds enough toner for 3,000 copies, while this one only holds enough for 1,000.

Here's a good price for one. They're not in stock right now probably due to the popularity of this printer and the relatively low price for the toner. The starter cartridge in my ML-1430 lasted me over a year so I'm expecting about the same with the starter cartridge in my new ML-1710.

Edit: With Buy.com charging shipping at $6.55, the total for the toner is $74.83. It's a good price but I'm going to keep looking around for better since my starter cartridge will last for at least 2 reams of paper.

Last edited:
Borisw37 said:
how much do standard size toners cost for this printer?

Toner is about a ba-jillion times cheaper (ok, 3 times) than ink. a standard ink cartridge prints about 500 pages (on average). A standard toner cartridge prints 3000. Ink cart = $30-35, toner = $60-70. 3000 pages ink = $180-$210, 3000 pages toner = $60-70.

And if they make a high capacity toner cartridge for your laser printer (as they do for my Brother HL-1440), then you can get EVEN MORE out of your toner. I pay about $70 for a toner cart with 6,000 page capacity. I've only ever had to buy one! I love not having to worry about running out of ink, cleaning nozzles, or running to Staples to get new carts.

Thanks Cursor for commenting on your Brother HL-1440. I had not considered buying it before, but now after taking a look at it I find it compares favorably to the Samsung ML-1710. The Brother HL-1440 is definitely worthy of consideration. I too love the bang for the buck and ease of use laser printers offer over inkjet printers.

Not a bad deal. I'm still using my Epson Actionlaser 1000 from 1993. The thing is ten years old, and only on it's second toner. I'm printing slides on it right now, I swear I print about 500 to 1000 pages a semester on this thing and it won't quit! (knock on wood)

Eventually I will be replacing it, as it's only 300x300dpi, but still has super sharp text.

Laser's rule though!

I'm bumping this since I just found it should be possible to also use a $15 off Office Depot coupon code that would lower the final cost to below $100. Please see my first post for details.

Back