• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More Nintendo Revolution specs *NEW* today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Horsepower only matters in my car. Did you see the clip of Metroid 3 ??? I'll take one, yes please.
And stop being fanboys/snobs. Different strokes for dif folks. Ill keep a decent pc and have all the consoles.

I really do like Nintendo, but the last couple systems were sort of a bust to me. I thought 2 games for the N64 were great Golden Eye & Pefect Dark. For Gamecube pretty much only Resident Evil 4. If Revolution has backward compatibility, it is going to be a serious contender regardless of hardware...Yes we all know high end specs for console do not make it, it is the games.

mage_x said:
graphics don't make a game, everyone should realize this by now.

I hate this Quote, as Graphics do make a game, visual aspects of a game help create a great gaming experience. may not as much as the story line but it does help, to provided the great plot of a game with an imaginative world for you to play in leading to an all better experience.

For Example Counter strike and counter strike Source, Whats the difference? nothing it's been polished to make the game a better experience Visually and gameplay wise which all leads to better satisfaction

Blackmage said:
I hate this Quote, as Graphics do make a game, visual aspects of a game help create a great gaming experience. may not as much as the story line but it does help, to provided the great plot of a game with an imaginative world for you to play in leading to an all better experience.

For Example Counter strike and counter strike Source, Whats the difference? nothing it's been polished to make the game a better experience Visually and gameplay wise which all leads to better satisfaction
If it's the same exact game with better graphics, of course people will prefer the one with better graphics. Good graphics don't make games good, though, is what I meant. Just because the 360 has superior graphics (if it even does) doesn't mean its games will be any better. It seems like the developers themselves have been forgetting this these days as well.

Last edited:
I personally am not too excited about it by any means. I think the controller looks terrible, the power of the system is quite lacking, and the lineup of games does everything but take my breath away... beyond that, it would be nice to play all of the old games. But if I want to do that, I might as well just buy a controller and get a couple emulators and some roms and play away on my computer.

Janus67 said:
I personally am not too excited about it by any means. I think the controller looks terrible, the power of the system is quite lacking, and the lineup of games does everything but take my breath away... beyond that, it would be nice to play all of the old games. But if I want to do that, I might as well just buy a controller and get a couple emulators and some roms and play away on my computer.
Some reviewers report being able to play FPS games with the Revolution controller just as well as with a keyboard/mouse after they've used it for a while.

i don't see how that is possible. I mean, from looking at the controller layout:

more-revolution-specs-uncovered-20051206015328017.jpg

there isn't any analog control, so it must be one damn-simple FPS that wouldn't be able to compare to any current-gen fps, maybe like... i dunno some crappy lock-on FPS or something.

and besides the point that no controller is as accurate as a keyboard and mouse, not even the ps2 or xbox/xbox360 controller.

Obviously you haven't seen the full controller. There is a joy stick that plugs into the remote. You would with that(like wasd) and aim with the remote like a mouse.

Quaxor said:
Obviously you haven't seen the full controller. There is a joy stick that plugs into the remote. You would with that(like wasd) and aim with the remote like a mouse.

also it has a gyroscope or w/e in it so when you move it around in mid air, it moves w/e on screen like that. And they are planning on making several attachments, not just the analog stick, for different game styles.

sounds interesting, but something that I would probably just wait for my friends to get.

I miss the days when game developers didn't have the graphics technology that we have today or even 10 years ago. The days when they had to design a game with more ingenuity or a deeper story line to make it better than the next guy. Much like Hollywood today and Hollywood twenty years ago.

I must say, I'm a bit shocked at the specs, but not too much. I didn't expect the Big N to release the system with a hugely beefed up processor or GPU. But for $150 . . . Damn! It's going to be a competitor by price alone. As somebody in the thread stated earlier, people have already dropped $600 on an Xbox 360, what's an extra $150?

There is also the online model, which will allow you to download various Nintendo games from every system (except for the Gamecube). Various articles have said that it won't be EVERY Nintendo game. Not at first, anyways. And it will only be 1st party games at first, too. No biggie, really. All Nintendo would have to do is purchase the rights to sell the game via it's online model, and you could download it. Imagine paying the same monthly cost as Xbox Live! and getting an entire library of your favourite games every month. It astounds me. It will also have complete backwards compatability with Gamecube games, so you'll already have a bit of a library to go on.

As for the controller and the people who don't like it, if you look at the various pics available at IGN and other places you'll notice that in one of the pictures the top of the system opens, revealing 4 GC controller ports. You don't HAVE to use the little controller if you don't want to, and in some older games, it may be better not to.

I'm really stoked about this little system, in all honesty. It's been a long time since any console has really floored me. The Big N could very well muscle themselves right back into the console market if they play their cards right, get some good 3rd party developers back onboard and market the system well.

Ya know...I read what they said on those specs....and i'm excited!

i'm not let down at all. Because it means a lower price, also games won't be 60 bucks new! ( argg...that ticks me off :mad: )

I'm really hoping that nintendo gets some good games on this that comes to america.

and i can't wait to use that controller!!!!! i want this console NOW!!!! :D

And being able to turn it on, and get games like Mario RPG legend of the 7 stars! ( well if they make a deal with Square-enix ), along with Chrono Trigger! or download the older Zelda games! WOOTAGE!

I want to download StarFrox 64!!!!! imagine if they redid the controlls for that game so it supports the gyroscope on the controller!!! Just a flick of your wrist and you do a roll, turn around, shoot!! god, i'd be so happy!

I'm waiting for this and the PS3. i'll probably get both eventually. Depending on relese dates, not sure what one i'll get first. But i'm definetly getting this system, come hell or high water!

zexmarquines01, Mario RPG is so awesome.

But yeah, this system is perfect, since I don't have $300-500 to drop on a new system. This way for $200 I could be up and running. Although, I think $150 is a bit too low for nintendo to open with, I'm assuming at least $200 for the system when it first comes out. This will give nintendo a little leeway when it comes to price drops.

I'm not worried about the titles coming to the revolution either. After looking at the DS, and the gamecubes libraries nintendo has no trouble coming out with top notch titles to attract any kind of gamer so I'll expect the same from the revolution

Oni said:
There is also the online model, which will allow you to download various Nintendo games from every system (except for the Gamecube). Various articles have said that it won't be EVERY Nintendo game. Not at first, anyways. And it will only be 1st party games at first, too. No biggie, really. All Nintendo would have to do is purchase the rights to sell the game via it's online model, and you could download it. Imagine paying the same monthly cost as Xbox Live! and getting an entire library of your favourite games every month. It astounds me. It will also have complete backwards compatability with Gamecube games, so you'll already have a bit of a library to go on.
So in other words is a glorified version of the Sega Channel, only it's for Nintendo games instead.

Janus67 said:
<snip>
there isn't any analog control
<snip>

Revo_analog1.jpg

There is a picture of the attached analog stick. Apparently there will be other add-ons as well.

amazon10x said:
Revo_analog1.jpg

There is a picture of the attached analog stick. Apparently there will be other add-ons as well.

Yup. I've seen mockups on IGN of a wireless "wavebird" type attachment that you plug the control wand into, giving you not only the analog controls on the control, but also the gyro controls of the wand! Imagine FPS's THEN!

As for the Gamecube stuff, I think the 4 controller ports for the gamecube controllers are FOR the backwards compatibility with those games.

Also remember, Nintendo has said they still have more secrets to reveal about the controller! Who knows what it will be?

TollhouseFrank said:
Yup. I've seen mockups on IGN of a wireless "wavebird" type attachment that you plug the control wand into, giving you not only the analog controls on the control, but also the gyro controls of the wand! Imagine FPS's THEN!

As for the Gamecube stuff, I think the 4 controller ports for the gamecube controllers are FOR the backwards compatibility with those games.

Also remember, Nintendo has said they still have more secrets to reveal about the controller! Who knows what it will be?

I hope they have one of them instant beer cooler attachments that cools a bottle of beer in seconds, that would be a cool. :beer:

Anyway Nintendo has one word that they always use on me and it makes me buy their new console's ........that word is ..... ZELDA! :)

Back