• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mother board chip cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RJ

I have the blue orb on my mobo chip now it's running at 30*c is this ok? or is there a better chip cooler that I can go with?

If you have the room, a $5 Coolermaster Socket 7 cooler will out perform the Blorb.

I have used left over stock P3 heatsinks for the chipset. Drill 2 holes, tap them and bolt it down to the mobo. This works nice on a KT7A-R (shuts down right after power up on low or no rpm on cpu fan) because it has a sence wire. Solves the no boot problem on a new system if you watercool.

One more thing. NorthBridge chips are usually concave. Put a dab of Artic Silver in the middle, seat the HS, then remove it to check coverage.

thank's for the replie's I guess I will leave the orb on the chip for now,I do use the fan with arctic silver. I have the Swiftech coming in today I want to see how that works on the cpu cooling If I cant get the temps down with that I'm going to water cooling on both the mobo chip and cpu. A7V133 1.2 T-bird@1454

Back