• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI Afterburner and syncing cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sb43

Registered
Here are my specs: 8320 FX Black Edition, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev.4, 16GB RAM (2x8GB) Corsair G-Skill-Ares DDR3 1866 (PC 14900) Running at a smooth 4.9 Ghz.
1200W Rosewill PSU, (2) R9 270x Sapphire 4 GB GDDR5 Dual X Cards (Crossfired), Noctua D-15 Cooler, Corsair Air540 case, Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 650GB HDD, 2TB Western Digital HHD, and.... Running Triple Samsung monitors with a HyperX Cloud II Gaming Headset with 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound and Razor E3 gaming mouse.

This is probably a really stupid question, but when I sync both cards in MSI Afterburner, shouldn't they both read the same memory, or at least close to each other. I have crossfire enabled, so what am I not doing, or am I just being retarded again?

while playing games. I have Riva Tuner monitoring the system while playing, and GPU 1 is at 1100 Mhz, and GPU 2 is at 300 Mhz. I thought I had it almost in sync a while back, but I just really noticed it today. IDK, am I going nut's , lol or is it supposed to run that way while crossfired? It's been a while since I paid attention to it. If you need. I'll snip it and show ya.

Crossfire needs a support like ATMINSIDE pointed out. You also need to run games in exclusive fullscreen. windowed and bordeless windowed won't work. You can enable crossfire for non supported games but having it actually improving performance is a hit or miss.
DX12 should improve the limitations of crossfire and sli if developers are willing to adapt.

Back