• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI KT7 Pro 2-A with Duron 800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BrewCPU

Anyone overclocking a Duron 800 on an MSI KT7 Pro 2-A ? Just curiuos about how successful you've been and what settings you've found to work well. Thanks.

Wussies!!, I got my lil'ole Duron 600 running 1020mhz. Hehehe, no watercooling either. One thing tho.....i can get cas2 setting as as when i turn it on there is no 4-way mem interleaving :(

Hi. I'm running a 800Duron at 1040 on that mobo. I've flashed the BIOS using OC BIOS from MSI then I've got voltage setting 0,5V higher. Now my settings are 10x104 and 1,825V

Dude, I've got a Duron 600 and Thunderbird 800 that don't seem to want to clock above default. I can't push the FSB up to 110mhz pretty stable, but I can't get the clock above defaults for both. I have closed the L1 bridges and L7's on both, but when I change to 9x100, they both post as 500mhz!!! Sometimes when this happens I can shutdown and cold boot and it will post as 900mhz, but as soon as I reboot it's back to 500mhz.

Anyone else having this problem? I would love to stay at 9x100 or even push the TB to 10, but it just doesn't seem to want to do it.

dallas4u (Feb 04, 2001 01:56 p.m.):
Dude, I've got a Duron 600 and Thunderbird 800 that don't seem to want to clock above default. I can't push the FSB up to 110mhz pretty stable, but I can't get the clock above defaults for both. I have closed the L1 bridges and L7's on both, but when I change to 9x100, they both post as 500mhz!!! Sometimes when this happens I can shutdown and cold boot and it will post as 900mhz, but as soon as I reboot it's back to 500mhz.

Anyone else having this problem? I would love to stay at 9x100 or even push the TB to 10, but it just doesn't seem to want to do it.

What BIOS version are you using?

dallas4u (Feb 04, 2001 01:56 p.m.):

My Duron did the same, and I found out that it was because my L1 wasn't closed good enough. I think u should try closing them again. I had to do it 4 times before I got it right!

here is what I did and seems to work fine
1. try using 0.5 soft lead. cover the bridge several times and blow the ecess off.
2. go to bios change multiplier then save and exit. while the mobo tries to reboot (don't let it) shut it down then turn it on again. voa la it works check and make sure post speed is what you set. if not try again your timming might be after the mobo already boot.
3. tape the L1 bridge with scotch tape good for months to come or you could always use conductive pen.

Well, I have a Duron 600 and TBird 800, both with the L1's and L7's closed with a conductive pen. I re-did both sets of bridges on both CPU's and I still get them posting at lower speeds when oc'ing. Now, I have been yakning the power cord when it posts at a lower speed, then booting back up and it WILL post at the oc'd speed... every now and then. I have gotten the Duron up to 990 (9x110), pretty stable, and the TB to 1050 (10x105) pretty stable, but if I ever have to shutdown or reboot it turns into a crap shoot on whether or not it will come back up as 1050 or as 650. If it comes up as 650 I stop it from posting, turn the comp off, then boot back up. Sometimes it only takes once, sometimes it takes a few times, and sometimes it takes like 10 times before it will boot back as 1050.

Thos WinTune and SiSoft scores at 1050 are AWESOME!!!

Back