• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My chosen CPU water-cooling loop parts list. Updated for 2013.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Now for your particular computer case, if you have too many fans exhausting air or too many intaking air, then you can drop your temps by fixing this problem, which may be with a pull setup. It's all situational.

Could I in theory have the front fans on my case pushing air out through the radiator and still have the single back fan also act as an exhaust fan, or would my motherboard and GPU temperatures suffer?

Current Fan Layout:

IMG_0045-Copy_zpsc8a7e8b4.jpg

Proposed Fan Layout:

IMG_0045-Copy2_zps224a2ee3.jpg

You have no intake if everything is exhausting. I would just keep the original set up.

With good airflow, my case temps will be alright if I have the radiator fans as an intake then? Even when using the already heated air from the rad-fins?

I am asking these questions because I have always heard that rads should be exhausting air outside the case, rather then being used as an intake. Although I do not have much choice based on my case, obviously. :D

It wouldn't be boiling hot air. Yes, a few degrees warmer but nothing that should bother your system as long as you have good air flow in the case and after looking at your case design, not too impressed. Seems there looks to be a plate in the way of the front intake. It seems like a old case design. Too many compartments nowadays = bad air flow, especially for H20 loops and some air flow to components.

It wouldn't be boiling hot air. Yes, a few degrees warmer but nothing that should bother your system as long as you have good air flow in the case and after looking at your case design, not too impressed. Seems there looks to be a plate in the way of the front intake. It seems like a old case design. Too many compartments nowadays = bad air flow, especially for H20 loops and some air flow to components.

That front plate contains cutouts for tubing to the radiator and the Voodoo Logo in the center, so there is a place for some amount of air to flow through it:

IMG_0047.jpg

I call my case an oldie but a goodie. lol :D

Back