• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my Dual-sata 2 + opty 165

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rydis

Just upgraded from the specs in my sig to:

Asrock Dual-sata 2 939 mobo
Opty 165 CCBEW
2gig OCZ gold series pc500
FSP 450 PSU
WD 7200.9 80gig sata II.
Geforce 6600GT AGP

I had my xp 2400+ oced to 2.1 gigs, and my 6600 GT OC to 575/1100

My scores for the following were on my past rig:

3dmark 3 - 7716 (think I made a mistake writing this one down
3dmark 5 - 3255
3dmark 6 - kept giving me a shader error :/
Aquamark: GFX - 6120, CPU - 4851

Scores with current rig, no OC:
3dmark 3 - 7791
3dmark 5 - havn't tested
3dmark 6 - havn't tested
Aquamark: GFX - 8172, CPU - 7687.

Thats with nothing OCED. I will downloed 5 and run 6 tomorrow and post results. Play some with OC (not going to up the vcore) and display them also if anyone wants me to.

I also dont have the Dual core thing installed (does that make a difference with these benchmarks?).

At the moment, my idle temp is 35 (no AS5, zalman paste).

I think mostly what is holding you back is the Video card, is it AGP?

Edit: re-read your post and see that it is AGP. Is that the same 6600GT you were using in your previous build?

In 2006 You should see an improvement even before the overclock because 2006 does a lot with the CPU and that will affect your final score on that. And after the overclock you wont see much of an improvement on your 2003 and 2005 scores. I would look into upgrading your video card possibly because that is what is holding you back.

So would it be worth OCing at all at the moment, or should I wait till I got a better video card in the future.

ran 3d mark 5 and 6 and

5: 2903, 352 marks below my old rig. Maybe the OC video card played alot of part in that
6: 443. No where near what I expected. Less then 2 frames one everything.

SM2: 171
HDR/SM3 - 136
CPU - 1360.

Will post new runs after some OCing of the CPU and card, and hope it gives a better mark.

You should definitely OC your 6600gt again... it will make a world of difference. Additionally, may I recommend some beta drivers... anything from the 87.xx series, as they have an option for threaded optimization which will take advantage of that fine dual core you just shelled out for....

Alright, thanks I will try that. I do plan to OC it again, I just wanted to test it before OCing it comparing it to my old OC rig.

yeha its your graphics card that holding you back in your 05 score (havn't run 06 so dun know)
the system in may sig (greed) gets 7031 points in 05. however its not clocked that high anymore. I am also about to upgrade to a dual939 to take advantage of my also brand new vid card. But i'm going single core now, not dual. I feel i'll have no use for dual cores, plus my money supply took a hit and i can't afford one. opty 146 for me!

I see, that makes me regret my new PC then at the moment :/

However, does anyone know why its runnint at 1.8 ghz when the FSB is only 166.

Back