• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Epox 8RDA3+ won't go past 2200mhz!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

UjinR

Registered
I have tried everything but both my 1700+ DUT3C and a friends 1700+ DLT3C can't oc more than 2200 with any FSB/Multiplier combination even at 1.95V and with really slow memory timings... I'm a bit dissapointed from the board.
Any suggestions to oc a bit more?

get some active cooling for your Northbridge and a heatsink for your southbridge. Because I bet if you stuck your finger on either of them their burning up when you hit 2.2ghz.

-=edit=-

My bad just noticed you have the iceberg on your NB, just make sure you cool your SB too and maybe get some ramsinks for your mosfets.

Hi!

How high can that CPU OC with another board ?
I think that is what you can expect from XP1700+

Buy a Barton2600+ or if you are on budjet try with Duron 1.6..

The southbridge does have a heatsink out of the box and I think the mosfets aren't hot but I'll cool them anyway...

hrmmmm....I have heard some people having trouble getting that mobo to perform as good as it's little brother the 8rda+ non 3....from the looks of that mobo it looked very oc friendly but for some reason never was huge around here......anywho......I would make sure your psu is running stable......try changing that out.....also maybe that mobo doesn't like your multi you are trying to use.....I know mine doesn't like the 10 and 10.5...yours could be the 12.......if I where you I would tinker with it a TON!.....and try and find that systems limits.....I am thinking you should be able to hit 2.3 with some tweaking.....and make sure your bios are up to date....and your voltages are ok on your psu :D

as for the proc not being good.....bah that proc can hit 2.3 on air no prob....no need to get a barton.....unless you wanna hit a 5% gain.....but it really aint worth the $$$$.....your tbred at 2.3 is about the same as a barton at 2.2.....which is the same as a 3200+ so dont stress.....and if it means for you to have to run your proc at 2.0+ it aint worth it anywho.....

to hit 2.3+ on that proc I might suggest better ram.....which will put less stress on that multi....but seriously......2.2 aint that shabby....especially if you run it on reasonable voltages.....I think my 3dmarks differerd around......200 marks from 2.2 to 2.4..........so dont fret....

also what temps ya getten?...if you are gretting near 50c thats a huge problem

so check...:
a) psu
b) temps
c) different ram

good luck :D

Last edited:
Back