• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First New System!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

codywalker

Registered
My 1st NewSystem Added Pics!

Whatcha think. Already ordered, be here in next few days. College Grad present, wuut wuut.

here's the whole system:
- Intel Core2Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 2MB Cache Retail @ $184.90
- Crucial 2GB (2x1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) DualChan Memory Model TY2KIT12864AA663 @ 229.99
- Asus P5B-E P965 Core 2 Extreme/Core 2 Duo/Pentium Extreme @ $156.99
- Sapphire Radeon X1950 XT 256MB PCI-Express Video Card @ $272.99
- Coolermaster CAC-T05-UW Centurion 5 Mid Tower Case (Silver) @ $56.21
- SeagateBarracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB SATA 7200RPM 16MB Buffer @ $106.99
- Plextor PX-755SA-BP/BL 16X Internal Dual Layer DVD±R/RW CD-R/RW @ $84.99
- SilverStone Zeus ST56ZF 560Watt Active PFC PSU @ 122.94

Last edited:
Looks good to me. Good choice on the Video Card and PSU. As stated before, did you forget the RAM???

codywalker said:
Whatcha think. Already ordered, be here in next few days. College Grad present, wuut wuut.

here's the whole system:
- Intel Core2Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 2MB Cache Retail @ $184.90
- Asus P5B-E P965 Core 2 Extreme/Core 2 Duo/Pentium Extreme @ $156.99
- Sapphire Radeon X1950 XT 256MB PCI-Express Video Card @ $272.99
- Coolermaster CAC-T05-UW Centurion 5 Mid Tower Case (Silver) @ $56.21
- SeagateBarracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB SATA 7200RPM 16MB Buffer @ $106.99
- Plextor PX-755SA-BP/BL 16X Internal Dual Layer DVD±R/RW CD-R/RW @ $84.99
- SilverStone Zeus ST56ZF 560Watt Active PFC PSU @ 122.94

Cody,

Lookin' good! The power supply gurus here will be impressed with that choice too. :thup:

RAM, dont need ram! ramless system of course...
surely not the fact that I forgot to list it...
Main Post Edited (to include ram). Thanks for the call out.
here's the ram:
- Crucial 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TY2KIT12864AA663

The Power Supply was the hardest selection for me. Honestly I have ZERO CLUE about power supplies, so I just took everyone's word for it. Think I'll be very pleased.

I'll post more pics of the install and the up and running benchmarks soon. This system is largely in-part thanks to you-guys and this forum, hours and hours of reading. Thanks to all, Merry Christmas

codywalker said:
I'll post more pics of the install and the up and running benchmarks soon. This system is largely in-part thanks to you-guys and this forum, hours and hours of reading. Thanks to all, Merry Christmas

Cody,

You did your homework well on your system. It's an excellent choice (even if it's not an AMD! :)). These guys here are the greatest, they saved my butt on more than one occasion. :confused:

Best to you and yours for the Holidays and report back!

The dog! lol What a pose!

Good choice of equipment. Exactly what I need.

When I graduated a few months ago I received nothing!! (My family member received $4000 (usd) worth of computer equipment when he graduated. Maybe the favorite in the family?, or the idea of graduate gifts has worn off?! argh)

Congrats anyway!

thank ya, thank ya! Merry Christmas to me, and to me a goodnight.. jk Merry Christmas to all of you... I'll make a million with this computer and buy you guys all one just like it. (in the next 3 days)!

finance... you'd think computer somethin huh?! Hated the computer classes.. I don't care who the first person to make RAM was, or what date it was invented.

Funny thing is that most people I know that graduate with MIS, Computer Science, and Computer Engineering (engineering is actually pretty good), don't know ANYTHING about computers.. those guys joke about still calling me for answers... not that I know everything, just alot more than most of those guys that I know.

Experience is key. =-) IMO

K so Im not exactly sure which thread came first...guess it really doesnt matter...so whats your matter? And nice system and football (Dog)

Did my cable management last night on everything except the power-supply (arriving today, took me 4 hours to put the system together and then do cable management). Just wanted it done right!

I usually get the system together and get it working first... then tell myself I'll do cable management later.. 4 years later my computer is still without a case, wires everywhere.

codywalker said:
Did my cable management last night on everything except the power-supply (arriving today, took me 4 hours to put the system together and then do cable management). Just wanted it done right!

I usually get the system together and get it working first... then tell myself I'll do cable management later.. 4 years later my computer is still without a case, wires everywhere.

Yeah, I definitely recommend doing the cable management when you are building it. Put everything together, then fire it up to make sure everything works then turn it off and make everything pretty. Otherwise, like you said, it'll sit there like that for a long time :)

jivetrky said:
Yeah, I definitely recommend doing the cable management when you are building it. Put everything together, then fire it up to make sure everything works then turn it off and make everything pretty. Otherwise, like you said, it'll sit there like that for a long time :)

Agreed, after all these posts and preaching I finally did mine to my satisfaction. Took me 4 hours last night to get what I wanted. Now it doesn't look like an outhouse! Sides panels reinstalled hides it all............

Last edited:
Codywalker, where did you purchase all your components if you dont mind me asking?

As it stands in your first post, You have pretty much built a similar system to
the one im thinking of so im fishing around a bit for prices, info and reviews etc.

Anyhow i hope your having fun with the new build :beer: should overclock like a bugger too!

Have fun with your new build! Excellent choices on all of the components. What clocks have you managed to push that leet dog to? I've managed to get my cats to about ~600MHz Core Clock. Lol, j/k

Happy Holidays and :welcome: to the forums!

Back