• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1950XT - Vista Drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

codywalker

Registered
Building new system:
w/
Sapphire Radeon X1950 XT 256MB PCI-Express

Where can I find the best drivers for Vista for this card? Also is overclocking possible yet with ATItool under WinVista?

Code:
here's the whole system:
- Intel Core2Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 2MB Cache Retail @ $184.90
- Asus P5B-E P965 Core 2 Extreme/Core 2 Duo/Pentium Extreme @ $156.99
- Sapphire Radeon X1950 XT 256MB PCI-Express Video Card @ $272.99
- Coolermaster CAC-T05-UW Centurion 5 Mid Tower Case (Silver) @ $56.21
- SeagateBarracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS 320GB SATA 7200RPM 16MB Buffer @ $106.99
- Plextor PX-755SA-BP/BL 16X Internal Dual Layer DVD±R/RW CD-R/RW @ $84.99
- SilverStone Zeus ST56ZF 560Watt Active PFC PSU @ 122.94

Best drivers are right on the ATI/AMD website.

As for ATITool never tried it yet then again my card doesn't OC much or im not taking the time to risking of using more voltage on my stock cooler since its loud enough as is.

Aslo thx for mentioning something about the driver, just noticed there was a new driver released 7 days ago, going to have to give that a whirl.

deathman20 said:
Aslo thx for mentioning something about the driver, just noticed there was a new driver released 7 days ago, going to have to give that a whirl.

Hey I do what I can! anytime =-)

I recommend using ATi's OVERDRIVE, it works just fine if you're not planning on doing anything complex.
And GPU recovery is very useful, if the GPU or drivers crash, Vista just restarts the whole video card and you don't crash or BSOD, your screen will just go blank for a few seconds and the clocks will be reset.
ATiTool does not seem to work properly in Vista... yet.

Nice Rig btw, it'll do you well.

Back