• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

73h n00bc4nn0n

Registered
I'm in the process of building a new computer and to save money I bought an AMD 64 3000+ instead of a top of the line FX-53. Not that I'd need that performance anyway, but I'd like to be able to experiment on my first home built computer with a processor that isn't worth more than a baby.

So, I've been studying overclocking, and some results people have gotten with the AMD 64 3000+, and I've put together a rough plan of what I want to do.

The Hardware
Processor model number: ADA3000AEP4AP
Core: Newcastle
Stock Voltage: 1.5v
Stock FSB: 200FSBx10
Cooling: COOLER MASTER CPU Cooler for AMD K8 and Intel P4, Model "KHC-V81-U1"
Motherboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb
Memory: OCZ Performance Series Dual Channel Kit 1GB(512MBx2) DDR 233
Memory bus frequency: 233mhz
Memory timing: 2.5-3-3-7
Memory voltage: 2.6V

My Overclock Estimate
CPU: 240x10 @ 1.7v
Memory: 240 @ 2.7v

Is this too much? Too little? Unsafe?

Its hard to predict what will work & what wont work. The best thing to do is just get to it.

All chips clock dif , so you really wont know what it will clock to. one thing is to take it slow , dont clock it up to fast. Going to fast could kill the chip. Watch the temp's. and good luck with the oc'ing

1.7v is a tad high for me, but as long as it runs cool you should have no problem. Try that, then see how much you can lower your voltage.

Back