• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That does look pretty sweet. Can I just pull of those plates? Because for the couple of days of painting I want to be able to use the drives without the plates. It looks possible but as much feed back as possible would be nice.:D Thanks....:beer:

Nice job, looks slick, but you have to do something with the drives. They detract from the overall look of the case.

It looks like you spent an entire weekend or more doing that. Wish I wasn't so lazy. I just chop holes in my cases for fans and don't bother painting. My Antec 1040 has so many scratches that you would think it is a POS. lol.

I might have to paint and MOD my case some more after seeing your work. I feel like I should keep up with the Jones'.

There goes another weekend for me. hehe :beer: :beer: :beer::beer:

deadhead said:
oh, yeah
big nuttz, what is your avatar, i can't make out what it is!!!!!!!!
Its scooby Doo from the new Jay & Silent Bob movie. I'm gonna try and pull of the plates later on today.

Robbiem01 said:
sweet you have the same case as me! I've never seen someone with this cheap thing b4. I got it for 23 bucks and it came w/ a powersupply. How much did you pay for it? Check out the mods I did to mine at my tripod page.

http://robbiem01.tripod.com/Overclocking/My_Rig.html

btw what paint did you use?
I built the Rig in my A+ class so I'm not sure how much I actually paid for the case. I bought one just like it for my Dad's Rig and it was $42 with a 250 watt psu. I used Krylon Primer then Krylon Rust Tough High Gloss. I then used Dupli-Color Clear Coat.:D

Oh yeah by the way Robbiem01 you have a clean setup. I have the same key board. I'm not gonna paint mine though. I'm looking at a black keyboard from newegg. My kids keyboard is pretty jank so I'm gonna give them mine.:cool:

Now If I could only paint sothing liek my case and it to come out liek that nice Mod Bro hehe waan paint my case lol

Slick looking case. I've always liked black. I just gave mine a make over too. Dark blue and silver on the buttons, drive doors and new led's

My next thing I want to do is add a vent to the top like you have. I think it will help my case temps some....could you do a favor for me and stick your hand over it and see how much heat is coming out the hole...and is there a fan beneath it or is it just an open hole at the top ? I'm curious about the mod...I want to do it just wondering how effective it is. thanks and once again Snazzy case. I like it.

zoopa_man said:
Slick looking case. I've always liked black. I just gave mine a make over too. Dark blue and silver on the buttons, drive doors and new led's

My next thing I want to do is add a vent to the top like you have. I think it will help my case temps some....could you do a favor for me and stick your hand over it and see how much heat is coming out the hole...and is there a fan beneath it or is it just an open hole at the top ? I'm curious about the mod...I want to do it just wondering how effective it is. thanks and once again Snazzy case. I like it.
I have a 80mm fan. It blows out warm air. I dont remember though when I first cut it how much my temps changed. I was running my 2.0 Willamette @ 2.24 with 39*c under full load with a Sunflower.

I just put water in this case for my kids. I figured I would just update this thread instead of starting a new one.:D It just barely fits in.

Back