• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new Smoothwall,,,it's great,,,read on

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jajmon

I got a box up and running Smoothwall Express 2.0 a couple of days ago. It's working great. It has more features than my D-link router. I decided to give it a go just to try something new and I'm liking it so far. The box is a P2-400, 64mb, and 6gb hd. Using the embedded nic as green and a pci as red.

Checking the IDS (Snort) log and I get this,,,,,,,,,,,,

Date: 11/03 16:43:27 Name: WEB-CLIENT javascript URL host spoofing attempt
Priority: 1 Type: Attempted User Privilege Gain
IP info: 69.20.37.110:80 -> xx.xxx.xxx.xxx:3258
References: 1

and my Who Is reports on 69.20.37.110 = ,,,,,,,,,,

Rackspace.com RSPC-NET-4 (NET-69-20-0-0-1)
69.20.0.0 - 69.20.127.255
iNET Directories, LLC RSPC-1411-200404190712 (NET-69-20-37-0-1)
69.20.37.0 - 69.20.37.255

what is up with this? This shows up when I'm browsing this site - OCforums

iNet folks? hello

I get tons of those too. Gonna fold on that thing?? :) I just got it going on mine. The guide is on the forums so you know...

Jon said:
Looks like the cookie for the iNET advertisements.

I doubt that, its an entry 'everytime' I go to a page/diff forum section/thread etc. here. I can go to 'other' forums or elsewhere on the net and not get these entries in my IDS logs.

ps - I updated my snort sigs today and have the same entries vs. my old sigs.

moz_21 said:
I get tons of those too. Gonna fold on that thing?? :) I just got it going on mine. The guide is on the forums so you know...

Are you kidding? 'Fold' on my firewall? and I know about the guide.

daniel_dynasty said:
he was jus kidding (hopefully) well you can fold on a p2 but it wont be very efficient.. lol

maybe it was just kidding, but I don't need folding hammering my cpu on my firewall, degrading browsing performance on my nodes.

jajmon said:
maybe it was just kidding, but I don't need folding hammering my cpu on my firewall, degrading browsing performance on my nodes.

I wasn't really kidding, folding works fine on a p3 450. p2 400 is only slighly slower. I always make the deadlines with the 450. of course a p2 without SSE might be slightly slower yet.. I have also never noticed a difference in browsing speeds by folding and I have cheap Realtek NIC in my smoothwall.

Back