• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my p4 2.53 intel fan is spinning at 2600+ is that good? seems slow.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

exsilio

Registered
Hey all,

I just built my system and Asus Probe is telling me that my cpu fan speed is only: 2600+

And my cpu temp is: 40c/104f

mobo: 41c/105f

mobo seems a lil warm and fan speed seems a bit slow. any thoughts?

tia

it is the stock intel fan/heatsink that came with the 2.53 cpu.

and I forgot to mention, I have AS3 on it as well. :p

Welcome to the forums exsilio!

Now assuming your using the stock fan that comes with the cpu, from what i recall that is the right speed. Intel ships there cpus with heatsinks that use a 80mm fan, and the 80mm fans tend to run at a lower rpm to acheive the same cfm a smaller 60 would.
The only other possibility is that your motherboard is either not feeding the fan the right voltage, or its reading the sensor on the fan wrong.

exsilio: I'm running a P4 1.6A @ 2.24 with stock HSF. According to the hardware doc program, cpu fan speed is approx. 2500rpm. temps run from about 42C idle to 52C under max load depending on ambient temps, of course. Sounds to me like yours is entirely normal. I'll probably be getting an AX478 pretty soon. -Dave

thats a darn good temp....my 2.53 is running at 46-47 idle and 56-57 load running prime95. Intel stock Sanyo Denki's are variable speed fans and will increase in speed as the case temp rises.

You may know this already, but I always got 40 degree temps from the PC Probe that came with my Asus mobo. It never changed no matter what I was doing. I came to find out that some versions of the PC Probe weren't reflecting the correct temperatures so I downloaded a new one. I don't know if you are using PC Probe to check temps, the Hardware Monitor in your BIOS or something else all together so just FYI. Also, I have the same CPU and iirc my fan is doing about the same rpm.

That speed sounds pretty normal to me. Is it brand new? If so it will probably speed up slowly over time. Mine started at about 2280 and now averages about 2530.

Back