• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my usb drive is dead??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evaseeker

i have a 128MB kingmax usb2 drive,,

and just now it is identfied as a 4 mb only... :temper:

when i dig deep in the properties it said that 4 mb is allocated and 118 or so is unallocated...

what happend.. can't i allocate it again....??? :confused:

You probably can... although, any data on the drive will be deleted.

On the desktop, right-click on My Computer and select Manage.
From there click on Storage --> Disk Management

Now you should see the 4 mb partition of your usb thumbdrive. Right click that small partition and delete it. Now all of the storage should be unallocated. Right click the unallocated space and select format. Format it to FAT or NTFS and you're good to go. You may also have to reassign a drive letter as well, but it should not be too hard to do that. Right click again and select cheange drive letters and path.

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on it? Perhaps some dust/grime is built up on it, take a cotton swab and some alcohol and clean them and see what happens. Worth a try anyway.

mm

in there i cant delete it the option is grayed..

and i will try to clean it..

i cleaned well and still i can't delete the 4 mb partition its all grayed,, anyone have any idea....

Back