• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a new Case & PS for Gaming Rig...Which?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jumpin Jack

I'm building a new Rig for COD4 and the recommend spec are:
Processor: 2.6ghz Pentium IV or equivalent (3.2ghz recommended for Vista)
RAM: 1024mb (1536mb recommended for Vista)
Video Card: DirectX 9-compliant Shader 3.0 card with 128 MB of DDR Video Memory (256 MB recommended) AGP 8x or PCI-Express x16
Sound Card: 16-bit DirectX 9-compliant sound card
DirectX9 for XP and 10 for Vista, 8 gigs HD space + 600mb for swap file.
Supported chipsets:
Nvidia Geforce 6/7/8 series
ATi X800 or higher

So I've decided on the E6850 CPU, an 8800GTX card, 2Mb Ram, and some Seagate SATA drives (I think). I prefer a case with a side window, good cooling, removeable HDD bays, Removeable M/b tray, and the space to easily fit all the components so the cabling will not be messy. The PS needs to be able to support the above specs.

So what's your recommendations?

Thks!

that would be the corsair hx520 or get the 620 if you have the extra money i got the cm690 from coolermaster great case for around 50 bucks it is sli crertified no side window thou but a plus is the 7 120mm fans it you can put in there

that would be the corsair hx520 or get the 620 if you have the extra money i got the cm690 from coolermaster great case for around 50 bucks it is sli crertified no side window thou but a plus is the 7 120mm fans it you can put in there

Yes, I had heard the Corsair's are pretty good. The case is good as well. I didn't look at it at first because it was a Mid and didn't think there would be enough room in it to fit long GC, but it's so close to a full tower (524.5 mm depth), my Armor is 560 mm deep. And there cheaper then the Armor as well.

I'd take a VX-550 and the stacker 810. A stacker xion if you're only going for a mid-tower. All these are relatively cheap.

Yes, I had heard the Corsair's are pretty good. The case is good as well. I didn't look at it at first because it was a Mid and didn't think there would be enough room in it to fit long GC, but it's so close to a full tower (524.5 mm depth), my Armor is 560 mm deep. And there cheaper then the Armor as well.

Jack,

Can't comment on the case choice, these guys know them better than me but the Corsair will help keep it tidy with the modular design plus they have a 5 year warranty. Personally, for any possible future requirements or additions you may have, I'd get the Corsair 620HX since you are assembling a new build.

if you are looking for review i always recomend jonnyguru.com they offer some of the best if not the best. the cm690 is a little smaller but with 7 120's + what is on the cpu cooler for me it is another 2 120's thats alot of air moving thru a smaller case than i just had my temps drop at leats 7c while gaming little louder but with headphones on and some rage playing i notice nothing

I've bought the Corsair HX620 and the Coolermaster CM-690

Thank-you for all your help and advice, it was much appreciated. :beer:

he he i converted another you will not be disapointed all thou i got the hx520 i can't wait to push my supply more than my socket a and apg my 939 stuff is on the way just need a vid card and i am up and running

Back