• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a quick reply.... NF7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fever

Hi. For the past day I've been trying to find an NF7-S over here in Montreal, but all the stores which I've tried are either sold out, or they only order them when people want them. I just found a store that has one in stock, but it's not the -S. It's the vanilla NF7.. I'm not really concerned about Soundstorm, as I have only 2 crappy speakers, but what I really want out of this board is an insane FSB overclock... So, assuming that it's a revision 2 board (I'm not sure yet) would it overclock as well as an NF7-S board? Will it have the new C1 stepping north bridge? (again assuming it's a Rev. 2, if they even make Rev.2 boards which are non NF7-S) Thanks!

CSaddict

Yes it will overclock the same but it wont have SATA, which the raid blows so far, so its no loss if you aren't running a ton of IDE devices.

Fuzzy

Im glad someone asked this as I was wondering the same thing and figured it was probably the same but w/o the fancy extra stuff. Sort of like the A7N8X regular and the Deluxe, right? :p

Abra_Volta

I actually have a vanilla NF7 Rev 2.0 on the way here. And basically it's for the exact reasons stated above.

I don't care about sound that much so the loss of Soundstorm is no big deal.

The SATA has been having problems so I decided to not worry about that (plus the additional investment in SATA drives).

So, I decided to take the $20 I saved from the difference of an NF7-S and put it towards my RAM.

So, instead of a NF7-S with a 512MB PC3200 I have a NF7 with 512MB PC3500.

CSaddict

Good choice but I hope it wasn't Hyper X ram. You will see if it is. You will also RMA it like I did because it has a problem with V2.0 boards. Trust me, anything but hyper X for that board. Go to the ABIT forums to find the real scoop.

Abra_Volta

Don't worry, I bought Corsair XMS. I read something before about the 2.0 boards not liking HyperX 3500. So, I invested in a quality stick of RAM.