• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need advice on Oced Q6600

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SamSaveMax

Hello everyone,
Thanks for taking a peek into this thread.
Please advice which of the 2 choices below that I should keep.

In both cases, Core Speed are the same, Vcore at default voltage (auto), Ram at default as well.
ASUS P5E-VM HDMI mATX
The 1st choice runs at default 9x multiplier but DRAM Frequency is only 370Mhz which is below its RAM speed. Couldn't raise higher for stability.
On the 2nd choice, I was able to raise DRAM Frequency to 418MHz but had to drop its default multiplier to 8x

1st choide:
Q6600 @ 3.33GHz @ 9 multiplier
FSB:DRAM= 1:1
DRAM Frequency= 370
FSB= 1480MHz
4GB Partriot PC6400 800MHz @Default 4-4-4-12 / 2.2Volts
2cnjjes.jpg

2nd choice:
Q6600 @ 3.34GHz @ 8 multiplier
FSB:DRAM= 1:1
DRAM Frequency= 418
FSB= 1672MHz
4GB Partriot PC6400 800MHz @Default 4-4-4-12 / 2.2Volts
ve9qf9.jpg

Last edited:
:welcome:

2nd choice is your best choice...better memory bandwidth and lower latency will really help the Q6600 out when it comes to gaming and possible encoding...

Realworld apps...wont see any difference between the two settings...

Thanks for your advice glock19owner. :)
I probably try to time how long it would take to convert/encode/burn a movie and run some PI tests tomorrow.

OK there's a few things I noticed. First, DDR2 defaults to 1.8. You must manually change the voltage to run at 2.2v. If you leave it on auto that will stay at 1.8.
Second, when you leave the vcore on auto and raise the FSB the voltage goes up, sometimes a lot. Have you done any stability testing? You need to know what your load temps are.
As for which is better, lower multi and higher FSB is usually faster like has been stated.

Believe it or not, I got the "KingWin Revolution RVT-9225 Heatpipe Direct Touch CPU Cooler" Which has a 92mm fan on it. Bought it for $15 when it was on sale at Fry's.
I think this model is the same made as from the Zimatek maker.
http://www.bigbruin.com/2007/kingwinhdt_1 <==
http://www.kingwin.com/product_pages/rvt9225.asp

side1_enlarge.jpg

OK there's a few things I noticed. First, DDR2 defaults to 1.8. You must manually change the voltage to run at 2.2v. If you leave it on auto that will stay at 1.8.
Second, when you leave the vcore on auto and raise the FSB the voltage goes up, sometimes a lot. Have you done any stability testing? You need to know what your load temps are.
As for which is better, lower multi and higher FSB is usually faster like has been stated.

I actually set the RAMs at theirs default settings in BIOS.
Which is: 4-4-4-12 @2.2Volts
========
This OC actually went higher at 3.52GHz but unfortunately was NOT stable.
Yes, quiete stable at 3.33GHz as I ran a varieties test on it.

Last edited:
Back