• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need assistance w/ PWM controller + a certain fan - Delta PFC1212DE PWM 3.24

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kchiefin29

Registered
Hey guys, need some help here. I just purchased these fans and realized there are more than one version of this fan (newb move :-/). I noticed that the Delta PFC1212de fan I pruchased has 3.24 amps labeled. There is another version of this fan that runs at 4 amps. I am able to find stats on the 4 amp version but nothing on the 3.24. Also finding many versions of the AFC1212DE fans. Can anybody narrow things down...possibly point me in the right direction w info or recommendations?

I also have been looking into PWM controller. I have been looking to purchase one but have had little success. There are a few on ebay, but my lack of knowledge brings up questions on whether its a good buy or not.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DC-9v-60V-W...508?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d53748bc
I have seen some in the DIY section, but insufficient knowledge and time holds me back.

Anyways, any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I had the exact same fan with yours ;)
don't buy that thing on your link, coz it's just won't work and might fry your fan's controller line.

try to build one, on the other thread where you post your question, it's quite easy ;)

I had the exact same fan with yours ;)
don't buy that thing on your link, coz it's just won't work and might fry your fan's controller line.

try to build one, on the other thread where you post your question, it's quite easy ;)

Really is. If he can buy the breadboard, basic parts and can do basic soldering, it's not too hard.

Kinda fun if that's your thing. But if the OP has $$, why not build one and add 200% parts and $20 an hour for your work? Still cheap for the OP.

Really is. If he can buy the breadboard, basic parts and can do basic soldering, it's not too hard.

Kinda fun if that's your thing. But if the OP has $$, why not build one and add 200% parts and $20 an hour for your work? Still cheap for the OP.

I really wish I can do selling stuff across the overseas :rain:
I know nothing about paypall, etc. :facepalm:

Setting up a paypal account isn't too difficult. Just need a bank account to link with the account.

Anyone have information on the fans model specs? I'd like to know the specs to the lower rated amp (3.24) PFC1212DE fan.

Thanks guys

No motherboard will support a 3.24 Amp fan. Gigabyte boards warrant 1 Amp, Asus 1 or 2 Amps.

A 3.4 Amp fan draws 39 Watts, which is more than most any fan controller will allow. There is/was a 45-Watt controller out there. I'm not sure it is still being made, though.

OTOH, if it is a standard PWM fan you can control it with your motherboard's PWM channel, as long as the 12v and ground lines go directly to your PSU (via Molex, perhaps).

Have fun.

Setting up a paypal account isn't too difficult. Just need a bank account to link with the account.

I admit, I'm being lazy here :D

OTOH, if it is a standard PWM fan you can control it with your motherboard's PWM channel, as long as the 12v and ground lines go directly to your PSU (via Molex, perhaps).

Have fun.

unfortunately, the 3.24A PFC1212DE is on the inverted PWM side :shrug:
building an inverted schmitt would help, but with a little extra components, why don't just build the controller instead :D

I've got a problematic Fujitsu motherboard, a D3162B. The 4wire fans are running at 95-100% full speed. I think the PWM signal is inverted. It seems to be a 26Khz downwards heading pulse from 3.8V to 3.5V~0V following a progression that makes it look at slower scan speeds like a downwards heading narrow spike at around 112Hz.
It's doing my head in!!!

unfortunately, the 3.24A PFC1212DE is on the inverted PWM side :shrug:
building an inverted schmitt would help, but with a little extra components, why don't just build the controller instead :D

SpeedFan allows reverse-PWM logic to be used.

then, that'll do.
I just had no luck with speedfan, it's too tough for me to understand :bang head

The only real annoying part is finding out which "Speed" control applies to which fan header on the motherboard. The best way I've found is to just enable all of the speed controls, then turn them one-by-one to 0% and see which fan responds accordingly. When you find the right ones, just make a note of which header is tied to which control.

The reverse PWM logic setting can be found under Configure->Advanced. You need to select the chip that corresponds to the speed control (can be found under the "Speeds" tab), then you just change the appropriate setting.

Ah! Well, I shall give that a go tomorrow then. Saves waiting for Fujitsu to release a BIOS patch! Many thanks.

Nope. Speedfan didn't detect the fan controller on the Fujitsu motherboard. It worked fine on my Gigabyte system at home last night.

:(

It's headache inducingly noisy. I'm getting really, really p 155 ed off with Fujitsu and their 12V-only PSUs and weird fan controllers. They're now, in my experience, as bad as Dell for putting custom parts in their builds.

Nope. Speedfan didn't detect the fan controller on the Fujitsu motherboard. It worked fine on my Gigabyte system at home last night.

:(

It's headache inducingly noisy. I'm getting really, really p 155 ed off with Fujitsu and their 12V-only PSUs and weird fan controllers. They're now, in my experience, as bad as Dell for putting custom parts in their builds.

the DIY route shall wait you :D

The problem with the DIY route is all the parts being in stock and arriving together from our IT factor. I've had to ask them to hold all the items on the build list until the order is complete, as one substitution could lead to having to change another part, and if that's been delivered already there's a restocking charge. There's also the question of how long it takes before my clients get their computers!
Still, if there's no choice, there's no choice!

As long as it's a substitution for the same spec, it should function. I think the diodes matching is the only really crucial part. I could be wrong though.

Back