• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help desperately with my mobo..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spunky

i have just bought an amd 900mhz athlon chip and a soyo k7vta mtoherboard..when i first installed everything and booted up..it seemed like the chip was burning up..and i smelled smoething burning...and then the voice doctor thing said it did not detect a cpu...after returning this mobo i went with the iwill kv200 which i had my system running for about 4 or 5 days..then i heard this mobo sucked so i returned it and went back to the soyo which everyone thought was better...but then again did not work? wut is wrong with this? the chip gets so hott when i put it in the k7vta...why won't it work? please help? does this board support this chip? and wut are signs of a burnt chip?

make sure the socket on the soyo isnt holding the sink off of the die ,,if you burn a T-bird/duron you'll smell it ,,also it wont work for crap anymore, it will be locking up right and left, and prolly be scorched on the bottom of the chip :p

Back