• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need help picking a PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The COOLER MASTER RS-A50-SPHA-D3 Silent Pro Hybrid 1050W Intel ATX 12V V2.3 should be ok, I think Corsair has gone down hill I just finished researching Corsair and allot are frying motherboards with CX/HX.:eh?:

Last edited:
no, my first PSU died because I dropped the CR2032 battery through the grate covering the fan inside the PSU :(

You may actually be challenging me for worst computer luck. First your 6950, now this?

Actually, in regards to your thread in vendor discussion, it may have been the PSU failing, not the card.

Actually, in regards to your thread in vendor discussion, it may have been the PSU failing, not the card.

I returned the Corsair CX750M for another CX750M, and even that doesnt power the video card. It has an EK-6970 waterblock on it, so there is no visual signs of activity from the card except what it displays on the monitor...no LEDs or fans on it either. So right now I'm assuming its dead since I get no video from either display ports on the card.

You have any spares lying around for testing purposes? I've a cheapy card just for that purpose..... Heck, I pretty much a whole computer worth of spares just in case....

EDIT: After a quick Google ripple isn't meant to be great on the RS-A50-SPHA-D3 although if you're not voerclocking I wouldn't expect that to be an issue one way or another.

Back