• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need HELP! The disk in drive e...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alucard

I have two hard drives, an 80gb wd 8mb which has windows xp on it and a 160gb maxtor in which I use for storage. My computers been rugging kind of sluggish, needed a reformat but it wasnt that bad. I restarted last night and now my storage drive isnt working. The shortcut has an exclamation mark on it and said something about the drive not being able to be accesed or something, and not only this it wasn't showing up in my computer (although it was in BIOS). I mess around with it for awhile and finally decide its windows and to reformat. Right after the reformat when I get into windows my storage drive works, so I think ok good. I install the latest ATI drivers, my sound card drivers, firefox and winamp and do a restart. So then I go to open my storage drive and it gives me the error "The disk in drive E is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?". I really would like to save these files and my hard drive if possible. I have a lot of family photos on there that cant be replaced as they were taken off the digital camera. Please help!

Back