• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need mobo recommendation (non-oc)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

srwven

My church is looking to upgrade their computer. I need suggestions for a rock stable, inexpensive (50-80$) mobo that will be upgradeable. What chipset should I look for-kt333, kt400? I plan on an AMDXP1800 but want it to be able to be upgraded years later to the now expensive tbreds. Again stability is the most important factor. I will also be putting in pc2100 ram, 7200rpm ata 100/133 hd, lan, geforce 2 video. It will be used for general processing and desktop publishing. Thanks in advance.

consider an Asus nforce board (a7n266 VM) it comes with onboard LAN,sound and gf2mx video.
You might be out of luck upgrading to anything higher than a 2400+ in the futre however :(

What about the soltek sl-75frv? I have seen some good reviews.
*EDIT* Thanks for the suggestion lonewolf. I thought of the nforce boards but since reliability is my main concern I wanted to stay with boards that have some history, if it were for me I would grab the nforce boards.

Last edited:
the Nforce boards coupled with win2k or winXP are very stable, i had uptimes over 2 weeks without a reboot on mine.
I personally dont like soltek boards, ive seen a few issues with them.

I'd also echo the nForce thing. An nForce 220D board such as the Asus will have everything you need onboard, will actually perform very well compared to most other integrated boards. Plus if I were you I'd avoid VIA at all costs if reliability is an issue.

The hardware your going to use is almost exactly what I have. You should get the AK35GT/2. Very stable, great support, and cheap. Not one problem so far...

Back