• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need to make my radiator cooling more quiet..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Korndog

i was thinking...
i found a case of panaflo 21dba fans for a good deal online
right now, i have a Nidec TA450DC (40dba, 92cfm) shrouded onto my procore. I'm running it on my Pyramid which is normal giving out ~7-9v depending on the temp (according to my multimeter) It sounds a lot loader then 32dba at that anverage voltage which is 9 (warm room).
my guess right now would be that its around 50-60cfm right now (without the radiator/filter resistance that is) probably 30cfm with the resistence of the procore and filter.
i a little clueless to the whole static pressure deal, but that shouldn't matter a lot with radiators right?
anywho, i know a panaflo 80mm has very little static pressure and cfm... but how about 4 of them? thats about all i can fit on my radiator (perfect fit, btw).
thats 96cfm @ ~27.63dbA
if it each one were to drop even to 12cfm, 48cfm with resistence would be nice and so quiet..
do u guys think this is right or am i just talking nonsense?

Back