• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 5850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

crazyman2501

been working on overclocking my asus 5850 all day and decided to post my progress here and see what everyone thinks. Running at 1.27v at around 1000mhz core and 5000mhz memory. Have only done 3dmarks and unigine heaven but since I am mostly going to be gaming I think this is enough. Run max about 70C with 70% fans.

In unigine ran at 1920x1080 with 16x Anisotropy and tessellation on and got 41fps.
uni.png
here is also my 3dmarks vantage.

3d.png

Pretty happy were my card is sitting right now.

Go ahead and elaborate , keep in mind having 4 5870's doesn't give you more credibility ;) Plus all i was pointing out its pretty good value for the money at 100 bucks less:) within 5-7% performance margin .

Last edited:
anyone have a clue when the price will drop back down to $250? I want one but cant quite afford 330ish

anyone have a clue when the price will drop back down to $250? I want one but cant quite afford 330ish

Ummm probably when they are actually in stock and people aren't paying a huge mark-up.. give or take about 6 months. End of the year is usually the worst time to buy equipment, it is usually more expensive at this time. I always find that within a few months prices drop a bit, and some newer things may have been released by then. Case in point.. the 7800gtx -> 7900gtx debacle? Man was I peeved after ordering that 7800 :bang head:bang head

Nice, your killing my score. Did you get your stock scores before the OC?

I'm in the 14k range. Your CPU score though is killing me. I checked against some other ppl and my score is on par with theirs.

Will try flashing to asus bios and start pushing the OC here soon.

Man was I peeved after ordering that 7800 :bang head:bang head

There is no way I am paying over $300 for a 5850. Really want one, though...

My problem is, when trying to sell my GTX280, time is not on my side. Im waiting until end of Janurary to make a decision, ana hopefully I can still sell the 280 for around $190.

Ah found the difference. I usually don't run HT since nothing I use really needs it. Turning it up jumped my cpu score up to 24945.

What temps does your card run at idle OC'd?

$259

It really is ridiculous. Does anyone actually believe the ATI excuse about manufacturing prices having gone up?

A guy (system builder) was selling 7 Asus 5850's (craigslist), gently used, for $230/per. Already registered, and non-transferable, but well worth it. He bought them for $189/per, Nov 11, Newegg.

Thought I had finally caught a break...guy sold all of them in under 24 hours, for $260-$275. This is getting rather annoying...

And all of those people who bought multiple 5850's to make some coin, I hope you develop a nice pack of hemorrhoids.

Again, on principle, no way I am paying $300+, ATI can **** off with that nonsense. I might just go with the 5770 and xfire...

Last edited:
Back