• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new cellphone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
mdameron said:
I have a couple of buddies who always have to have the latest and greatest. They gotta have the snazziest and coolest looking cellphones. Both hate Sony Ericcson because they say the build quality is terrible. They both use motorola's, FWIW.

I'm on my 2 year old v400, but a high quality camera and all that other whatnot is at the bottom of my list of stuff to have.

My brother's got a v400 as well. I'd reccommend a v551. And stop complaining Vinson, i have a damned Nokia 6020 :eek:

if all goes well ill have a motorola E815 today, wooo, a phone again lol. i plan on getitng the data cable for it from verizon if they have them in stock, if nto ill be sad. ill still be happy to have a phone tho. hope it all goes well haha.

threeme2189 said:
dude get yourself an old dot matrix cellphone (the ones with the original snake game) they are built to last. like frikkin rocks. nah jk but those are the best phones imo

haha, i rember those nokias, you could buy differnt covers, it was like the coolest thing in the world back then. and ya the snake game rocked. Good times, good times. LOL

i have been using k750i for quiet some time now and i simply LOVE the phone, i have 512mb card in it, camera quality is impressive ( not great but impressive ) in order to take good pictures you NEED to have good lightning otherwise camera sucks, as far as the functionality is concerned it takes over any nokia phone hands down ( debatable ) IMHO current nokia phones are UGLY

The ONLY good thing about Razor is the looks .. end of discussion, you cant compare Razor with K750i as far as the features are concerned

here is a short review i wrote for our local forums

This review is going to be without pictures for the time being

Two days back i decided to sell off my P900 and get some other cellphone, well to be honest having P900 was good and it offered me everything i could ask for but still carrying it was a hassle and using it with "dandi" AKA stylus was also becoming hassle

Outta Box

The box was small, nothing fancy, you open the box and your eyes are stuck to sexy lil black K750i and honestly its one of those rare phones that have managed to catch my eye, its just something about the phone

Also in the box was

• Phone ( Errr.... )
  • 64 Mb Memory Card Duo with Convetor
  • Charger
  • USB Cable
  • Driver CD
  • Manuals Warranty Etc

How do i insert the damn battery :mad:

LOL it was funny the back side of K750i is packed ... 2mp camera, lens cover, LED flash gosh once you are done drooling at everything you will look around as in where to open it from, it took me around 5 mins to figure out that unlike other phones only a small part towards the bottom of the phone opens, you can insert the sim and battery there

First Impression - Outlook

The phone i think is slightly bigger than K700i not that much .. it sure does feels heavier courtesy of the 2mp camera, it does feels solid they have used hard plastic and overall the phone gives a good feel in your hands

Placement of buttons is very good and one can do very fast SMS without any problems, they have included a new shortcut key which gives you instant access to many different applications ( you can add your own custom shortcuts and remove the default ones ) plus ability of closing any app running which is kinda convenient as i was testing many java games which for some odd reason didnt wanted to quit ( and they suck ) so the shortcut key was very convenient ( rather than taking out battery and rebooting phone )

Display .. woah i wont be wrong in saying it took my breath away the default theme which comes with the phone literally will make you go "woah" everything is crisp and sharp and yeah i think there is visible difference between 64k display and this 256k one

Previously on K700i i had a huge gripe that they had this rubber covering and it was pain in behind to charge the battery you first had to fight with that rubber covering before anything .... this time there is no such thing

Unlike other phones you dont have to remove the battery to take out the memory card just like in P900 series phones you have a slot which you can easily open ( although sticking in the memory card is at times hard especially if you have big hands ) AFAIK the phone CAN support upto 4gb of card, i am running it on 128mb card though

Buttons

There are few buttons on the phone body which gives you instant access to many key features of the phone

• Camera
  • Music
  • Volume

Camera : This little button does exactly what it means, you press it and you are taken directly to the camera mode, this button plays no other role apart from that in any other mode of the phone

Music : I love this feature and i have slight gripe about it, when ever you are wearing a headset press this button and music player will start playing songs minimized, you can use the volume button to control ( more on it ahead ) you can configure the button to either start the Music player OR the FM radio, now comes my gripe .. the music button only works when you have headset put on, i would have loved the feature if we could use the button without headset, right now i have to go through a menu option to start the music player ... i know isnt that big of a deal but would have loved the feature

Volume : These buttons play dual role, yeah they control volume and also when you are playing music you press a button for 1 second and it changes the track ( plus button = next track and minus button = previous track )

Display

Brilliant i think so would be appropiate word ( i have other choices of words too but i dont wanna sound like an excited 2 years old here 😊 ) everything is sharp and full of colors and certainly display would not disappoint you at all

Sound

You will be literally astonished the sound this phone produces at times it may sound a little low but none the less you can compare the sound quality to ANY standard mp3 player out there and considering this is a phone it puts those dedicated mp3 players to a shame

You can put any mp3, mp4 file as your ring tone AND as your message, alert tone etc .. basically if you want a different song running for any event of your phone ... you can do it .. i really love this feature :)

Without headset the mp3 plays mono but is good enough, the moment you put on the headset you will enjoy crips stereo sound this baby can produce, you have to experience it to appretiate it i believe

Music Player

Like i have already mentioned it kicks some serious behind, you can create your own playlist and load them, standard mp3 player functions such as repeat and shuffle are also there making it near to perfect solution, yes some people might like the idea of importing their own mp3 playlist but honestly i dont miss that, took me literally few mins to create a playlist of my own, without headset you can minimize the music player and continue using the phone also a very nifty and convenient feature

Radio

Well i never thought i would be writing about radio, i decided to check out the radio just for the heck of it and i was in for a pleasent surprise, ofcourse you need the headset to use the radio, the sound quality is very good and if radio station supports RDF ( i believe thats what its called ) than it even shows the Station Name instead of frequency ( oh well nothing to write home about but these small things make difference between a okay product and good product )

Memory

Phone comes with built in 38 / 40 mb of memory and a 64mb memory card duo, you can extend the memory upto 4gb, my honest opinion would be to atlast have 128mb card along with the phone because before you know you will be running outta space putting your favourite mp3s in the phone :D

Battery

It just doesnt want to drain i think lol ... i was listening to music non stop for like 3 hours with BT on, did couple of BT transfers, than had around half an hour of phone talk, after all that my battery meter was 75% needless to say i am very impressed by the battery life, i havent tried the standby time coz i charge it everytime it comes close to 60-70% ... i think it would take me around 2 days of heavy abusingly use to drain the battery .. atleast thats what i have gathered till now

Camera

Ahhh the feature everyone is excited about, well to keep the story short i am least impressed FULL STOP. In my opinion its more of a marketting gimic than anything else, but than again i didnt bought the phone coz of the camera ( to me it was added goodie ) maybe its coz i am used to see'ing results of my 5 mega pixel cybershot? who knows but i found the images to be grainy and i think so i might be doing something wrong coz the results posted on the net are very impressive

Connectivity

Bluetooth, IR, GPRS, USB i think so Sony decided to give nearly all possible ways for you to communicate, the phone comes with built in XHTML, HTML, WAP browser and Email client

One convenient ( and nasty ) BT feature they have added is power save, basically in that mode you can only and only communicate with one BT device, okay my experience is that this mode likes to hang the phone from time to time :rolleyes: which kinda sucks if you turn off this mode than everything goes well

Others

Well i wont discuss the normal features like profiles, calender etc coz more or less they are standard in todays phones, the UI is FAST and noticeably faster than any nokia phone i have used, any user of previous Sony phones will feel right at home, people new to Sony would take no time getting used to the UI

End Comments

Honestly speaking i have tried P900, K700i, 6600, 6230i among other phones and i have to say till now this is the best phone i have used by far, its not even funny the features this set offer, one might want to debate that certain nokia phone is blah blah blah ... i guess its about personal preference but i found no nokia phone to give me the features K750i does and i simply love the phone

P.S Will be posting the pictures soon

regards

Saquib

Back