• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Gaming Box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IndianScout

Turtle Mountain band of Chippewa Reservation
Well I started on another gaming box for my 9 year old

dunno if I went in the right direction but here are the specs..

P4 2.2 400
Intel 865GLC (a 9 year old doesnt need o/c options)
1G PC3200 2 x 512 Dual mode
ATI 9800 pro
2 30G IBM Deskstars

this should last him for awhile,, yes???

:D

Yeah, good enough for games "up to" Battlefield Vietnam, Call of Duty, etc. Anything higher (Doom3, Half Life 2) will run a little choppy. You got an 865 chipset there, why not get a P4 with a 800MHz bus?

Aye, me too!

It can always be upgraded at a later date for HL2, Doom3 if its really needed

That said these are age restricted games ;-)

~t0m

Wow, nice rig for a 9 year old. Will ya adopt me? P-4, i865 chipset, 1 gig of dual channel RAM, and 9800 Pro... yeah that will handle any game available. Furture games like Doom3, Half Life 2 will be ok too, might not be able to use max resolutions and all the vid card eye candy... but it'll be fine.

You know what my dad got me on my 9th birthday? A carton of cigarettes. He grabbed me and said "Hey SMOKE UP JOHNNY."

Nothing wrong with raising a geek, he will probably be raking in lots of cash at an early rage with the rate he is going at. I didn't build my first comp until I was 13 and now my interest in computers has landed me a pretty decent summer job making about 13/hour. :D

VisEtVirtus said:
Nothing wrong with raising a geek, he will probably be raking in lots of cash at an early rage with the rate he is going at. I didn't build my first comp until I was 13 and now my interest in computers has landed me a pretty decent summer job making about 13/hour. :D

Thats what I'm trying to do, put all my knowledge into a computer kind of job.... how do you do it man?

Back