• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Koolance block??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

evilted26

Registered
Does anyone have any info on the new 200W waterblock from Koolance. Their web site says it will be available mid-March. Well, here we are, and still no block...not even an update. I'm building a P4 system and I can't finish until I get that block. Anybody know anything? Koolance doesn't answer their e-mail.

just buy yourself a nice 478 block from danger den or something, koolance is well and fine, but they really don't do as well as i'd like to see a water cooling system perform.

what does 200W block mean? A block with 200W peltier?
anyways screw Koolance...
Get yourself a new Swiftech MCW462-U or DD maze2...

Check out www.cooltechnica.com They have the best prices and service

Those other blocks I agree are much better, but since this is my first watercooled system, I jumped the gun a little buying the Koolance. When I ordered it, I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen. I was also originally planning on an AMD system. After doing more research, I'm going to overclock a Northwood for this system, but it's too expensive to return the Koolance. I'm sticking with the Koolance, but now I'm stuck waiting for their new waterblock, and nobody seems to know what's going on with it.

we aren't saying replace the koolance stuff, we are just saying buy a different water block, that's all, keep the case and everything

Revx said:
we aren't saying replace the koolance stuff, we are just saying buy a different water block, that's all, keep the case and everything

That's an excellent suggestion, but the Koolance uses smaller tubing than most other blocks except for the Gemini. I could use reducer fittings, but I'm still unsure how much better the other blocks would be with the slower(15gph) flowrate in the Koolance. Those other waterblocks are designed for much higher flowrates. I appreciate the input. I was just wondering if anyone had info on the new Koolance block. I've definitely learned my lesson about Koolance on this system. I could have done much better for my money. I think next system I'll try a spiral block with a peltier and a MUCH higher capacity pump. In the meantime, I just need to make the most of my Koolance.

Well donno, some where along the line though, look into getting yourself some bigger tubing with better pumps and such. Anyways, i haven't heard anything about the koolance block, good luck with it.

DO a search for #rotor. Ask him if his blocks would be okay with that low a flow rate. He does custom jobbies too. His are designed for surface area and turbulance as opposed to flow rate.

Back