• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NEW: Mac Book Apple Computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I went to the Apple store to check them out.... well, I was pretty excited about it when I first read it last week. however, I wasn't too impressed after seeing it in person! ESPEICALLY the black model!! I was all over the black one thought it will match nicely w/ a black nano and did think of getting one down the road; however, it's not! the finish is MATTE, doesn't like the nano's glossy finish! the white seems better as it's a shiny finish.

would u want finger prints all over your laptop? no thats why they used Matte...and they said it wouldnt be like the ipod b4

I personally HATE the glossy screen the MacBook sports. If and when I get a MacBook Pro I will not opt for the glossy screen. Sure it looks better for DVDs and such, but it is a pain in the tush when it comes to glare.

Wwing49 said:
I personally HATE the glossy screen the MacBook sports. If and when I get a MacBook Pro I will not opt for the glossy screen. Sure it looks better for DVDs and such, but it is a pain in the tush when it comes to glare.
Thats why I got the regular screen

kiljaden5 said:
Thats why I got the regular screen

Did you go see them? I was really pumped at first because my friend has one of those glossy 19" LCDs for his desktop and it looks amazing but on a laptop it was no good.

A whole bunch of people at work have laptops with the glossy screens. There are no differences between those and the Apple ones. They look nice and all, but my laptop will be used in a whole lot of different lighting conditions. Many times I'll be in a very bright place and a glossy screen would become unusable pretty much because of the glare.

And besides, I got used to matte LCD screens, that's all I own, laptop, desktop monitor, TV.... all matte and I have no complaints whatsoever.

(from newegg not apple.. $300 for 1gb of ram is crazy)
They may make good machines, but I get fed up w/ Apple for things like this. I feel like they are playing games with their customers. You can get the exact same stick of ram off newegg for 150 that apple will sell to you for 300.

Also, I have heard of nothing but heat problems w/ the pro and reg., the black paint chips off, the x1600 is underclocked (but still doesn't help w/ heat I might add), and windows through bootcamp doesn't run as fast as a similiar setup designed for windows. Not to mention a price tag several hundred dollars more. Just my ranting, but no thank you on Apple.

Back