• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Nforce2 Board and Radeon problems.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AMD'er

Didn't quite know where to post this one but heres the problem...I just recieved the new Nforce board and my XP2000 chip...Installed everything including my Video card (Radeon 7500) and when XP booted up, I got a message saying that my Video card was causing the system to be unstable.

The card worked fine when it was on my gigabyte board. Do you think Nvidia would do this on purpose for those who are running
ATI cards? Need some input quick.

thx

**Edit** its a K7NCR18D board

Last edited:
heh so true quegyboe.

Bob, I've seen three reviews of nforce2 boards, none of which used anything BUT ATI cards. Go back to rage3d forums if your gonna keep that attitude.

maybe your nforce 2 doesn't support 4x agp. thats a leadtek right I think leadtek boards only support 1 or 8x agp. I could be wrong though.

just out of curiosity, did you format and reinstall windows AFTER you put the new board in? a new motherboard is kind of a big change. if you havent, you might want to try that.

Yes, I did...reformat....new install of XP Pro...

Boot the system up, everything was working fine and then the XP error center message comes up....

"Your system is unstable do to the Driver of your display adapter "ATI Radeon" couldn't finish drawing...."blah, blah". Do you wish to report this to microsoft"...

I have tried everything including loading the new drivers but nothing works...Keeps getting the same error...I have reinstalled XP 3 different times and all report the same message...

So I have decided to buy a Nivida based card.

I repeatedly got the exact same error message with my GF2MX. I fixed it by updating my Detonators. Not so easy since you have an ATI. I imagine that if there are others out there with this problem, some drivers that fix it will surface soon.

snvpa said:
maybe your nforce 2 doesn't support 4x agp. thats a leadtek right I think leadtek boards only support 1 or 8x agp. I could be wrong though.

Do you know where I could find some more information about this...

I've been seeing alot of thread where people are talking about problems with these new NForce boards...maybe I shouldn't have gotten it so early...you know

I would imagine leadtek has it in their specs. try their website as far as compatibility. if your card will only do 4x or 2x agp and the board only does 8x or 1x then that is your problem. I don't know what your card supports. your board only supports 1x or 8x though, i'm almost possitive. try in your bios settings to run your board at 1x agp that might solve your problem.

edit:

I've been seeing alot of thread where people are talking about problems with these new NForce boards...maybe I shouldn't have gotten it so early...you know

thats exactly why i haven't gotten one yet.

Back