• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Old Compaq server...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McWarren

Okay, I've just spent the last couple of weeks working on this old Compaq server that 'became' mine after I replaced it with a new server during a job I was doing for a school.

Before pics are in this thread
*Just had to adjust my DNS settings for my domain name - if the pics don't work, check back in a couple of hours.*

Keeping true to the inspiration for this case mod's theme, I have re-examined my priorities and drawn new conclusions (can you tell what it is yet :) ).

So, here is what the case looks like now, after painting it entirely gloss black, adding ATX-compliant PSU, motherboard and PCI mountings, and adding some of the watercooling gear...

MVC-004S.JPG

Case's top panel, as demonstrated by my brother

MVC-007S.JPG

Another pic of the top panel, showing off the paint's highly glossy/pimpin' finish.

MVC-015S.JPG

Aquatube reservoir, become quite commonplace in all good case mods lately.

MVC-019S.JPG

A bit of a let-down picture, supposed to be showing off the reflections of my side panel, but it looks like I'll need to bust out the car polish on it first. Trust me, looks better in real life...

MVC-026S.JPG

Again, not a great pic, trying to show off the front bezel with a super-cool see-through door in front of the 5-1/4" rack.

MVC-021S.JPG

Rest of the chassis.

That's it for now. Stage 1 is nearly complete- I need to have it ready to take with me to university on Sunday. That also means I won't be able to work anymore on it until Christmas- that's when it will begin to take on true form.

Back