• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to board, New Overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GibbTHIS

Registered
Hey guys, im a senior [H]ardforum member, im sad to say that there forums are simply to slow, and the member's are just to "stuck up" even though this is just the internet, there seem's to be no sense of humor.

This is BURNT IN, Rock Stable, and on AIR!

EPoX 8RDA+
Volcano 9+ W/ COOLMod
2100+ TBRED "B" (12 Multiplier, 200FSB) So 12x200 = 2400MHz From 1733
1.888 Vcore (Set to 1.75, but 8RDA+'s overvolt a tad)
512MB OF PC3200 Geil
Aggressive Timings
Silver Antec Dragon Case
41C/105F Prime95 12 Hours (Load)

I can post at... 2500 (All i've tried) I can run 12.5x197 (I can get into windows, but when i try to put her on load for a few hours she locks up) (Tryed at 1.9 Volts) VDD 1.600 (No mod)

Is this good, also how long will my CPU Last at 1.888 Volts?

Any suggestions, or anything how to get higher and faster speeds POST AWAY!

Well I wanna be the first to say Welcome to the Forums it's a great place to hang out and exchange info, I would have to say that's a pretty sweet chip you have there:) I would also say that with 1.88 volts it should be ok as long as you keep an eye on those temps, I would not go beyond 1.85 volts air cooled just to be sure, I think that if you relax those timings slighty you may see higher Fsb stable.

-mamer:cool:

Heh, yeah..... It's okay, the 8RDA+ Overvolts a tad, so.... What should i set the timings to, just "Optimal?"

Give it a try and see, you may end up doing as I did, which is to settle for a lower overclock and faster timings but give it a try and
use Sandra to test bandwidth after.

-mamer

id run them 2.0-2-2-5 if it can do it.might need to bump the voltage up if it dont.also 2.0-3-3-7 is very relaxed timings and should run also but arent as good.

btw welcome to the forums!

How do i set my timings like that?

There's just a option on my board that says "Timings" Aggressive, Turbo, Optimal, Expert (You get to screw w/ it)

usually below those settings you'll see the timings listed individually, if not try it set at optimal and see what kind of fsb you can hit there, if it's substantially more then try running a memory benchmark of some kind at current settings and at those new settings, sometimes it's worth it to relax the timings for a higher fsb, sometimes not.

cheers,
J.

Hm, well if i relaxed the timings... you think i could have a substantal FSB Increase?

GibbTHIS said:
Hm, well if i relaxed the timings... you think i could have a substantal FSB Increase?

That's what we're saying. it's hard to say because every system is a bit different yeah? What you can do, is run a memory bandwidth benchmark at your current settings, then try relaxing the timings and bench again. then, with the relaxed timings, see if you can squeeze 10 or more mhz extra on the fsb and bench yet again, compare the results and then you can make an educated desicion...

J.

i wish i could get my octhat high but my stupid pc2700 ddr and my stupid t'bred A is definatley holding me back...but that will change when i get my hands on some pc3200 and my 1700 juihb 0307 i ordered today :clap: :cool: :drool:

Back