• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to mining (honeyminer)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bmwbaxter

Anyone used honeyminer for a quick and easy mining setup? this is my first attempt at mining so I was drawn by its ease of use so far. There other options I should be looking at that are easy to use on multiple computers?

No experience with that one. As a one stop shop I have used nicehash in the past. Note crypto is in a bit of a lull at the moment so do look carefully at your power costs to see if it is cost effective at all.

electricity is included in my rent so power costs don't matter. So i figured it would be a good idea to mine for "free" currently, honeyminer is saying I will make about 86cents per day. So for sure wouldn't be profitable if I had to pay for electricity.

As said, crypto is in a relative lull at the moment. Since it is effectively "free" if you don't have to pay electricity, you could just hold whatever you get in the hopes it goes up again later.

electricity is included in my rent so power costs don't matter. So i figured it would be a good idea to mine for "free" currently, honeyminer is saying I will make about 86cents per day. So for sure wouldn't be profitable if I had to pay for electricity.

Mental note - add power usage threshold clause to all leases in the future.

Mental note - add power usage threshold clause to all leases in the future.
I used to be really bad before in my distributed computing days. I would have several rigs going consuming un godly amounts of power running rosetta and seti programs. this isn't as bad since it is just by daily/gaming PC. :p

To tell in truth I am here for only learning and basics not mining as its very tough to mine..

Back