• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New toys, waiting for the right blocks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So .. any pics of this SLI setup yet m8 ?

and why haven't you taken the opportunity to rip everything apart and start some new loops :p first thing I'd do

and Skinnee .. Can I touch your Gulftown ? I'll never afford one but wanna hold one just once :p

I don't have one yet either... still saving pennies. All I can do is point at the screen and mutter, "you will be mine, oh yes, you will be mine." :D

It's okay Gollum, errr Skinnee, your seeing the gold but can't touch it yet...

Waiting to decide what 470 block to get myself.

"gollum...gollum"

The SLI setup? It's just two GPUs side by side. Plenty of pro pics on the web showing that.

I'm just redoing the GPU loop, I really didn't have to do anything but drain the loop and disconnect the fittings. When the blocks arrive I'll post a few pics.

I thought hardware tessellation was a requirement for official DX11 cards and that ATI already had it in the 5xxx series?

Or is it a matter of degree, and nvidia just does it better? I remember seeing the Alien model when the Fermi was coming onto the scene, but I don't recall ATI being mentioned. I think I chalked it up to the reviewer being an nvidia fanboy. :)

** edit **

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2977/...tx-470-6-months-late-was-it-worth-the-wait-/5

No comparison screenshots between ATI and Nvidia, but it does give a firm example of performance differences.

Last edited:
Back